FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the new Skoda Yeti Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are a new site so don't be shy! Register and say hello and hopefully we'll grow into a large bunch of Yeti owners and enthusiasts.

We have a Skoda Yeti Gallery and all the latest Skoda Yeti News that is well worth checking out too.

SatNav recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Halford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by daseteam daseteam wrote:

I can honestly say hand on heart that the best sat nav I have had is the Sygic download on my Note. I had a simpler Tom Tom ,then a go and now the Skoda Sat Nav. Sygic is better than all of them; good graphics, traffic and camera warnings + 3 D. All for about 30 - 40 Euros.

+1 

and you can you use it on foot, cycling etc - without using your data allowance, connects direct to GPS.

it's a one off payment and you simply download again to a new phone when you get one.

think I paid £19, it's certainly worth a look at

Wink

Edited by Halford - 12 Sep 2017 at 6:15pm
Sponsored Links

The Hood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 8:04pm
TomTom phone app, £14 a year including speed cameras and live traffic. Any map in the world, so if you go on Holiday to the Caribbean, USA etc. download a new map.The live traffic is so good it is slightly weird.
Can be used off-line but then no live traffic. When using data it uses very little. If you se it on android you can load it on every android device you have (don't use an iPhone so don't know about iOS).
Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4
Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel and YOC sticker (peeling off). Cant' log in? Then email   problemsforthehood@talktalk.net
beanfeast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beanfeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 8:29am
I just use Google maps and Google drive on my phone, all free, keeps you up to date with traffic, offers diversions telling you how much time it would save, and shows a photo of your destination when you arrive. I've never had anything better - that includes Nissan sat navs, Skoda sat navs, Garmin and TomTom. 

One day in the future car makers might just suddenly click that they're wasting their time producing any sort of inbuilt sat nav, and instead offer a screen that can be bluetoothed/cast to by a phone or other device - that would be an ideal for so many people, so any sat nva, mapping or media you want can be displayed on a built in touchscreen in the car.
On the drive: 2011 Toyota Aygo Blue 1.0l, 2012 Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDi SE Plus 4x4 170bhp, towing a 2004 Sterling Eccles Amethyst
WFM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WFM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 1:51pm
Before satnavs were fitted to cars I had 2 Garmins because I dropped the first. They were brilliant, got both on a deal that gave lietime updates, lane ID, fixed speed cam notification and speed warnings. The last one also acted as a bluetooth speaker and connector for my phone. Can't fault them and the maps were never wrong.

Edited by WFM - 13 Sep 2017 at 1:52pm
Yeti L&K CR170bhp 4X4; Magnetic Brown; Auto park; Bi Xenons; LED interior, LED stop & tail
lights; big MPH; front and rear teardrop wipe; 5 x flash lane change; flashing brakelights; needle staging.
ken3966 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ken3966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 5:21pm
They do its called smart link.
My car has sat nav as standard but the smartlink duplicates this with Google maps on phone.
Not sure if TomTom phone would come up with Smartlink.
Personally think built i sat nav is much too expensive and apart from giving directions on maxidot is not as good as my £89 Tomtom with lifetime maps.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic