FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the new Skoda Yeti Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are a new site so don't be shy! Register and say hello and hopefully we'll grow into a large bunch of Yeti owners and enthusiasts.

We have a Skoda Yeti Gallery and all the latest Skoda Yeti News that is well worth checking out too.

Tailgate reservoir !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
igg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tailgate reservoir !
    Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 8:17pm
I think, but can't find, that there was a thread regarding water lapping in the tailgate. During our recent stay in Norfolk I opened the tailgate and heard a tidalwave  rush up the door with water dripping out of the strut fixings. On investigation there are three raised dimples along the door bottom, but no holes. Car is booked for 30,000 mile service next month along with tailgate investigation. I've not noticed this before in the 2 1/2 years ownership. Question, is mine the only car with this fault ?  Cry 
2nd 2ltr 140bhp 4x4 Elegance now in Metal Grey. 'One life, live it!'
Sponsored Links

Kenny R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 9:09pm
Well, that's a new one, can't say I've heard anyone else reporting that before.
One question does your rear wash function normally or is it a screen wash leak thats filling up your rear hatch?
2013 Candy White 1.8 TSI L&K 4x4
Monte Carlo Black grill surround, Black mirror covers. New style badges,RRP, (215x60x16 Nokian WR D3 winter tyres on Skoda Spectrum alloy wheels in winter months.)
The Hood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 9:52pm
My hatch actually has a hole underneath, that said I have never noticed anything come from it. As above has the pipe to the rear washer either come off or become loose?
Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4
Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel and YOC sticker (peeling off). Cant' log in? Then email   problemsforthehood@talktalk.net
igg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 8:08pm
On the very rare occasion the rear washer is used it works perfectly, no lack of pressure or flow. I've no idea how long it has been like it. I'll see what happens when it has it's upcoming service.
The Hood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 10:25pm
Although mine has an apparent drainage hole there is not evidence of any water passing through it.

Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel and YOC sticker (peeling off). Cant' log in? Then email   problemsforthehood@talktalk.net
igg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 2:06pm
[IMG]uploads/14/IMG_0452.JPG[/IMMy tailgate dimples x 3
The Hood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 3:21pm
Your picture seems to have gone wrong, I also have two other holes with plugs.

igg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 7:17pm
I'll try again.  
The Hood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 8:57pm
That is different to mine, which has three holes, the centre one open and the outside ones fitted with a plastic plug. I wonder why they changed it.
igg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:55am
Since my previous post on this subject the car has had two visits to Motorline Skoda in Gillingham, Kent. the first entailed a quick look with no fault found, the second the car was booked in for a day, to give time for a proper investigation..Still no fault found ! On enquiring what work had been carried out, I was told water had been sprayed around the tailgate, but no leak had been detected. On asking how the inner lining is removed the service desk chap didn't know, but suggested I record the sound of water in the tailgate to give them a better clue !!! Confused  The car was then booked in with Motorline Skoda Canterbury. They had use of an ultrasonic signal generator and detector which they used and found that the rear wash wipe grommet through the glass was at fault. This was replaced, retested and declared leak free. Time and of course rain will be the final judge.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic