Park assist is an option aimed at making urban life a little easier. It is the ideal system for when the driver needs to park quickly and accurately. Based on the award-winning system offered as an option on the Superb, Yeti’s park assist feature goes one better by including a control unit that looks after forward movement. As a result, Yeti can be squeezed automatically into a space just 80cm longer than the car itself.
- The park assist system uses a set of ultrasonic sensors to find the right sized parking space
- The Yeti requires a space of approximately 5m in length; that is, the length of the car + 40cm at the front and rear.
- Park assist intervenes in steering, not only when reversing but also whilst moving forward, an improvement over Superb.
- To operate, press the park assist button. Drive past spaces at up to 18mph and Yeti will search for a space on the passenger side (activating the indicator instructs Yeti to look for a space on the driver’s side).
- When a space is found, Maxi-dot displays an arrow reversing into the space with an ‘R’.
- Engage reverse. Remove hands from steering wheel. Driver controls speed and braking. Manoeuvre will be cancelled if the wheel is touched.
- Rear parking sensors sound when the car is near the parked car. Maxi-dot instructs the driver to engage first gear. Drive forward and the system straightens the car.
- The driver is responsible for the manoeuvre at all times. The manoeuvre is cancelled if the steering wheel is touched or the speed exceeds 4mph.