Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about batteries? My 2012 battery was beginning to get a bit weak and slowing turning the engine,so asked the local garage to get me a replacement,the came up with a same size one 52 amp,for £60.The original is 60amp.I assume that wont make any noticeable difference in every day use?

·
Registered
866 Posts
It will be ok but with less capacity. I have seen two specs of battery listed for the 1.2 TSI. code027 63amp & code063 52amp.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for answering,I have a 52 amp hour 027 battery with 500A EN ,I think it will be adequate.
The amp ratings being quoted above should be AHr....amp hour...i.e. it will supply 63 amps for 1 hour before the output voltage (electrical pressure = volts) drops to too low. the 500A En is the amps it can supply for turning the engine over....i.e. the heavy load current it can supply for the short cranking time.
My battery in my 1.2 Tsi petrol is 60Ah and 550A. Car gets little use at night and air conditioning not used (needs gassing). Low milage so perhaps gets more starts. Roughly less than 10,000 miles a year mostly short journeys. Been ok since 2014.
If you use much electrics then the higher the Ah battery is better. In cold weather the battery is less capable of cranking the engine to start and may need a higher cranking power battery.
Suggest google car battery power ...or similar to get more technical understanding.

Dennis

·
Registered
866 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can see a physical difference in length/height between the 027 & 063 but the 027 should be 60+ Ah

VARTA D15 CAR BATTERY (563400061) (027)
  • Length242mm
  • CCA610
  • Width175mm
  • Capacity63 Ah
  • Height190mm
  • Weight16 kg
VARTA C6 CAR BATTERY (552401052) (063)
  • Length212mm
  • CCA520
  • Width175mm
  • Capacity52 Ah
  • Height175mm
  • Weight13 kg
Thank you for your reply,the original battery was a Varta,and 60ah 480A.Size the same as replacement which is a Trade mate or similar name sourced through a factors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for your reply,the original battery was a Varta,and 60ah 480A.Size the same as replacement which is a Trade mate or similar name sourced through a factors.
Does anyone know about batteries? My 2012 battery was beginning to get a bit weak and slowing turning the engine,so asked the local garage to get me a replacement,the came up with a same size one 52 amp,for £60.The original is 60amp.I assume that wont make any noticeable difference in every day use?
I understand that VAG cars have a battery maintenance system and of course stop-start. Both of these require that the system knows the capacity of the battery. If the dealer changes the battery for a different spec then the dealer should reprogram the system.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand that VAG cars have a battery maintenance system and of course stop-start. Both of these require that the system knows the capacity of the battery. If the dealer changes the battery for a different spec then the dealer should reprogram the system.
Thanks Dave,but no stop start on the 1.2tsi model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts