Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
In my manual I cant seem to find any info on service intervals, I know a small "spanner" lightens up when services are due but when the warranty runs out I would like to do most of my own servicing.
I will be able to work out most of the answers over the warrranty period, but for long term fluid changes like coolant, brake, power steering and automatic gearbox fluid it will be difficult to gauge.
I only do around 6,000 miles per year and want to keep the Yeti for as long as possible.

Also I was looking for a dip stick for the automatic gearbox and could not find it, I seem to remember reading somewhere that VAG DSG's don't have a dipstick, and that their mechanics have a way of checking the fluid, can anyone confirm or enlighten me on this please?

Many thanks

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Dave, I don't know how Cyprus spec their vehicles but I am assuming that your gearbox is the 7 speed DSG. If that is so then there is NO dipstick as the gearbox is filled for life. According to VAG, there is no checking oil levels and NO changing the fluids. If the gearbox is opened for repairs then the fluid is completely changed then. If the gearbox is just removed from the vehicle then all the breather vent holes (gearbox and mechatronics) are to be capped tightly to prevent fluid loss. The volume for the gearbox is precisely 1.7 litres.
The mechatronics unit is filled with precisely 1 litre of hydraulic fluid in its own circuit. There is absolutely no checking/refilling the mechatronics. VAG notes say if any fluid is spilt from the mechatronics then the whole unit MUST be replaced completely...o-u-c-h!
If you do want to change the gearbox fluid at some stage then there is a drain hole underneath the gearbox, with refilling accomplished through the breather vent hole at the rear of the box. The gearbox fluid for the 7 speed DSG is not the same as the 6 speed DSG as it has a different part number.
The oil change intervals are determined by the vehicle ie the spanner symbol for variable service intervals, or 15,000km for fixed service intervals. Oil filters are changed at the same time as the oil.
Brake fluid change intervals are written in the owners manual, firstly at 3 years and then every 2nd year after that.
If you have the Servotronic steering assist then the is no power steering fluid. It is electrically assisted not hydraulic.
You may benefit from getting yourself a copy of ElsaWin from eBay.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks plbxrYes its the 7 speed, the spec is as sold in Irelandcalledthe Yeti Ambition, its similar to the UK spec SE.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts