Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have just picked up a new 1.4 TSI SE Plus. Very please with the car but I am a little concerned about the MPG. I am averaging 32/33MPG from a tank full doing ta combination of both town and motorway driving.

I have only done 600 miles so far. Could this be because the engine is still tight or is there something to be concerned about.

I am keen to hear from other 1.4 owners to know what MPG you are getting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not a 1.4tsi owner I'm afraid, but for comparative purposes for all Yeti-ers to be, my 1200mile Tdi 140 auto does 38mpg local work (shortish few-mile runs and on hilly roads - north york moors) and did 47 when I picked it up and drove it back from Wetherby to Whitby a couple or so weeks ago.
32-33 sounds a bit on the low side for a 1.4 to me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a lhd 1.4 tsi from the computer over 91 hours of driving it shows 37.6 most of this is short trips in town traffic with the air conditioning working quite hard

·
Registered
126 Posts
After around 6,000 km, my 1.4 TSI DSG has settled down at 6.3 l / 100 km on the maxidot - equivalent to 45 mpg - presumably still better than 40 mpg after allowing for maxidot optimism.

This is a mountainous area, straight bits of road are rare, and I have quite a heavy right foot.

Consumption on flatter runs (along the valley) is around 5.5 l / 100 km (i.e. over 50 mpg) - IMO pretty impressive for such a tall and fairly heavy car driven briskly.

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
INTERESTING ALL THE SAME.MY 1.4 DSG KODIAQ WEIGHING IN AT 1.5 TONS AND AT 2400MILES ONLY IS DOING 30 ROUND TOWN AND 40 ON A RUN WITH A MAXIDOT AVERAGE OF 35.4

1 - 7 of 7 Posts