Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, hi everyone
. I've been lurking on the site for a few months now and feel I've been a bit rude not to join so here I am
I'm currently waiting for a F/L 1.2 TSI SE yeti which was ordered back end of October.
I've ordered a few extra's already but was wanting some feedback on the 12 speaker sound system which you can upgrade to. Those who have heard it/got it, is it worth the increase in upgrading?

Thank you.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hi Simon1 welcome to the site. Can't speak for the 12 speaker system, but I can tell you that, if the f/f 1.2 is as good as the standard model, you are in for a treat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for your welcome Paul,

Really looking forward to hopefully getting it in March.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
I know it's a bit late now, but I've just been driving a 1.2 TSi SE Yeti with the standard audio system, and whilst it is good, it is not quite as good as my own which is the 12 speaker system.The main difference is the positioning of the audio.
In the standard system, you can hear quite clearly that the audio is coming from the doors, whereas in the 12 speaker system it is more all around you, there are also some DSP modes which adjust the timings etc to make it more like front of car or driver based sound, but I find the default middle of the car with no DSP effects is best.

Once you start turning the volume up, the standard audio starts to sound a little harsh and strained whereas the 12 speaker system is louder and clearer without any fatiguing.

Hope this helps anyone with a choice to be made.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi Simon1

A mate of mine has go this and swears by it. If you play music in your car for enjoyment, rather than just background, it's worth the upgrade.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
All this is moot now as it's 3 years too late, but FWIW, I also have the 12 speaker system. I paid about £200 as an option when I ordered mine and it was probably just about worth it, but only just.
Having had a couple of Yeti with the 8 speaker system as courtesycars when mine has been in for service and playing with the tone settings I believe the difference to be minimal - and believe me, as a bit of an audiophile I am sensitive to these things.

Now that the 12 speaker system is a £500 option, it's no way worth it. It sounds marginally better, but there's nothing wrong with the standard setup and the 12 speaker system is not £500 better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts