Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I`ve been registered on here a short while, only just plucked up courage to post something, been a Yeti owner for just over 2yrs (140 4X4 SE Plus) this car has been fantastic, 23k now with well over half that towing, the power seemed to really come on after 9k, Late last October I took it for its first service at 19k, whilst there test drove one with a DSG box and was amazed with it so much so ordered a 170 Outdoor Elegance DSG, This was built in week 4 so on its way, been given the reg today ready for March. Just hope it lives up to the performance of current one!!

·
Administrator
14,850 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Make sure you let us know how you get on with your new beast, that one should have some better brakes. Are you going to PX or give the first one to SWMBO?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome, will update on performance of new one, unfortunately (or fortunately) SWMBO does not drive! so current one going for px, will be a really good motor for someone.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Hoody, what does 'px' actually stand for? I'm guessing it means the same as our 'trade in'.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welcome, Imptriler and don't be shy about posting. Good to know that you are so pleased with your first Yeti and seem excited about getting the new one. MJ (aka vatman but not yet registered on this forum) is going to our dealer on Sunday to conclude matters regardingthe purchase of our first Yeti. I do hope they give us the option of choosing a registration plate, but I doubt it. As we have two Yellow Labradors we looked at the DVLA site and saw YL02 LAB but haven't as yet, decided to purchase, and probably won't! What is the opinion of Yeti owners regarding 'cherished' or 'personalised' number plates - be interested to know.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
I have had mine for 30 years - a 21st present that I upgraded with the new Yeti. But personalised number plates are very expensive in NSW ... when you get them now you have to pay a couple of hundred dollars every year with your rego.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I am now 61 and had my personalised number plate as a 50th birthday present from my wife (it contains 50 and my initials). It has now featured on my last 4 cars and as you get older I think it is easier not having to remember new registrations everytime you change your car. I for one am not a fan either of being able to identify the age of a car from its registration.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I've got a personalised No plate which I'm waiting for my V5 to come back so as to change plates.My wife bought mine (number)nearly 20 years ago, as said it's easy to remember your number.

The DVLA changed the system couple of years ago, it used to be that the car dealercould get your car number changed over before collection. Now it takes a few weeks.

·
Registered
371 Posts
How right you are, Suzz, somedays I even forget my name and recently MJ couldn't remember his pin number when he went to the cashpoint!! Now he has a new card and a new number which I hope he'll remember. We did have K444 MJM on our BMW 5 series, but it went when the car was sold as I'm not sure that MJ cared about it. He would like MI KES, but locally there is Mikes Carpets and the owner has it.

The best one I ever saw was a Mini in the New Forest District of Hampshire in the early 1980s. It was SOD 1T ... and I would have loved it!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Oh, Imptriler ... I sincerely hope you aren'tsuggesting that because SWMBO doesn't drive that the px will be better than if she did!! You're on thin ice as far as I'm concerned, because there are some fantastic women drivers out there!! I don't ride the clutch, don't hold the car on the clutch and brake, and don'trest my hand on the gear shift - EVER- all things which are, I'm advised, are simply detrimental.

·
Administrator
14,850 Posts
lablover said:
I don't ride the clutch, don't hold the car on the clutch and brake, QUOTE]

When you get your Elegance you will be holding it on the footbrake when you do a hill start. You will have an electronic brake (hill hold control). Uphill only, foot on footbrake, handbrake off,into gear, foot off footbrake onto clutch and pull away, the footbrake stays on for about four seconds and also disengages as you pull away. That will take a bit of getting used to.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Oh and another advantage of personalised number plates - people remember my birthday

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have a plate on retention, My dealer said if I give it to them they would register my car with it.

I have already paid for a transfer fee so that would mean losing out by paying it on top of first registration fee. When it comes to next changing ofmy car I wont have a normal plate to put back on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh dear, on thin ice already, not having a go at women drivers at all, Ann Hall, Pat Moss, Rosemary Smith, Louise Aitken-Walker are among my hero`s, SHMBO doesn't drive for medical reasons, I`d prefer she did but that's just how it is, current Yeti has to go for px to help out financially, going to miss it, as I said its a fantastic car, but looking forward to the 170 and DSG.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Profuse apologies, Imptriler ... I didn't mean to cause offence, and I thought I was adding a bit of humour to the forum (just shows how misguided I can be at times).I'm sorry to learnthat SWMBO has health problems which prevent her driving, because it's always comforting to know that someone else can drive and help on long journeys or just in case of an emergency situation. So the 'ICE' is now restored to that which can be seen on ICE ROAD TRUCKERS - anyone else a fan?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Its always nice getting a brand new car, I'm sure you'll love it when it arrives.I'm going to have to wait a bit longer before I can change due to a few personal events, but when we had a look in our local dealer, the wife loved the higher driving postion, not hard really compared to a Volvo C30.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Personalised registration plates are usually for those with low self esteem. You know, those who need to advertise who they are. I like the yellow lab one. Anyone else got a reg plate which is a bit different?Me?
I found it cheaper to change my name to the reg plate by deed poll.
Regards
Mr AB12XYZ

1 - 20 of 36 Posts