Yeti Owners Club banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Didn't Citroen have a strange brake system? I remember driving one where the brake pedal was more like a brake button, very responsive when you were used to it.

When you start anything with "Didn't Citroen have a strange", all heads nod sagely.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Didn't Citroen have a strange brake system?
but there's been several with power hydraulic brakes.
That's almost certainly one of the cars logiclee is referring to in his comment. An engine driven pump provided the brake system pressure, rather than the driver's foot, and the 'button' on the floor admitted pressure to the brake discs/drums.
On cars like the DS and SM, there's any number of oddities about which to nod sagely.

Incidentally, there are some cars with air brakes, but they use aircraft style air brakes rather than a truck type system.
These are all high performance cars such as McLaren MP4-12C, Mercedes SLS AMG, Bugatti Veyron etc, Koenigsegg etc, where the active rear spoiler doubles as an air brake when raised to near vertical.

Reactions: Jimmy

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
The DS is one of my favourite cars. It could be driven on three wheels with the suspension pumped up, which also enabled a jack stand to be used, the headlights turned on cornering and was one of the few cars from that era, such as the E-type which still look fabulous, although the tyres are rather skinny.

·
Registered
122 Posts
That's almost certainly one of the cars logiclee is referring to in his comment.
Indeed, older Bentley's and Rolls Royce's as well but I believe they shared a similar design to the DS for Steering/Brakes/Suspension under licence from Citroen.

While Citroen's coupled hydraulic/Pneumatic suspension is undoubtedly smooth it does lack feel and handling.

Had this for a short while.
C5 front0001.JPG

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The DS is one of my favourite cars.
Mine too, but the SM tops it largely because of the Maserati engine. However, were I to buy a classic Citroen it would be a Traction Avant from the mid 1950s.
The early DS models had the same engine as the later Traction Avant cars.

Reactions: Flintstone

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hasn't this drifted well away from the OP.?
I'd be thinking "what a load of waffling old F***s

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hi Happy Yeti,
I have sent you an email.

Rick.

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
And if you did I say you were being very rude!

Reactions: logiclee

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Hello Ruari. You summarised the bulk of the Yeti Forum members in seven words! All the better for it too. Wouldn't it be boring if all we discussed was technical stuff. Back to the original post, yes heated seats are great and being a gentleman, on cold days, I switch on Mrs J's seat heater on leaving the garage, before picking her up at the front door.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've been known to use heated seats even with aircon on. Joys of a bad back.

I've changed the memory setting so the car always remembers the drivers heat settings and remembers the passengers for 10 minutes.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Back to the original post, yes heated seats are great and being a gentleman, on cold days, I switch on Mrs J's seat heater on leaving the garage, before picking her up at the front door.
What service to Mrs J! My SWMBO complains that "it's something else to go wrong"
Both here, and at home, I can't win!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I've changed the memory setting so the car always remembers the drivers heat settings and remembers the passengers for 10 minutes.
Interesting, I don't recall mine doing that.

·
Premium Member
5,444 Posts
Both here, and at home, I can't win!
Do keep at it though Rauri! :) It’s become part of the sport / entertainment among the rest of us. To deliberately see how far we can take a thread off-topic, before Rauri chips in to tick us off? A bit like deliberately winding up a school teacher, to see how far we could go before someone got a detention. Usually the lad at the back called Martin.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Reactions: Ruari

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Do keep at it though Rauri! :) It’s become part of the sport / entertainment among the rest of us. To deliberately see how far we can take a thread off-topic, before Rauri chips in to tick us off? A bit like deliberately winding up a school teacher, to see how far we could go before someone got a detention. Usually the lad at the back called Martin.
You mean it's "Ruari (spelt correctly!!) bating".

·
Premium Member
5,444 Posts
Apols. Should’ve spelled it “Roar” maybe? (y) :D

Reactions: Ruari and The Hood
21 - 36 of 36 Posts