Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a 2.0 2 wd Elegance from a leasing co. Just worrying about ESC - is it hit and miss or are all Yetis now fitted with it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply, I read that this standard on all from week 22 production 2013. I was hoping this might be the case and how can I find out if the Yeti I presented has it?

Thanks

·
Registered
394 Posts
Can you not ask the leasing company?
They may deal with old stock but should be able to tell you - my guess is that is unlikely as Yeti's seem to sell like hot cakes., as there is a longish waiting list for new cars...

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Wouldn't that sort of info be advertised in a sales catalogue and/or an accessories catalogue? A quick trip to a Yeti dealer may be in order or download them online from Skoda UK.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
25 Posts
It was standard on Elegance models from first production (2009). This included 2wd and 4wd models (all 4wd models had it I think). As you've mentioned, it became standard on all UK Yetis from week 22 production in 2013. Before ordering my 2WD 2.0 Tdi 110 SE Plus, this was number 1 on my list of must-haves!

Edited by: fastestlouigie

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks the replies guys. Have catalogues and have emailed Skoda and my dealer, all appear to have me believe that ESC will be fitted on the car. Still await final clarity from Skoda.
Cheers guys and gals.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
This is from another site hope it helps,

Please note that if you're considering buying a Yeti (certainly UK spec.), ESC (Inc. ABS+EBD+EBC+ASR+EDL+HBA+DSR+ESBS) now comes as standard on ALL models, even the base E spec 2wd. This is stated in the June 2013 brochure and a starred bit of speil by way of explanation states "Standard on 1.2 TSI 105 PS, 1.4 TSI 122PS and 2.0 TDI CR 110PS from week 22 production.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
If it does have ESC (which I think it will...) there will be a button
directly under the radio that can be pressed to turn it off. It has a
diagram of a vehicle with squiggly tyre marks with the word OFF
underneath.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
plbxr said:
If it does have ESC (which I think it will...) there will be a button
directly under the radio that can be pressed to turn it off. It has a
diagram of a vehicle with squiggly tyre marks with the word OFF
underneath.

ESC cannot be turned off, the button you have highlighted is the ASR button (anti-slip regulation traction control) which can be turned off. Tried it in the snow when i had a 1.2 and it spun the wheels even more so turned it back on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the info guys, my supplier has said the car was built last week and so is confident it will have ESC. I will be very happy with the monster if it has and probably happy if it doesn't :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts