Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Positives /
First off have to say i've been more than impressed with the interior / exterior & general feel of the car , it was bought on a whim :surprise: never had a Skoda & never driven a Yeti before but happy to say after 70 miles it will be staying .

Love the raised driving position , not quite a Touareg but its enough to take you out of the roadspray that surrounds you this time of year

MPG is brilliant for the size & shape of the thing ,2.0 tdi 5spd 2wd first week daily commute averaged 55-56mpg over 80miles , second week after a tyre change i'm seeing 58-59mpg daily :wink:

Nav , phone , heater , steering wheel controls all easy to use & function well

Seats are Ok ( ive had much better but they are nowhere near the worst ) & all round vision good .

Negatives / ( these are just my own niggles )
The dash binnacles are poorly designed , way too "binocularesque" in their tunnel vision & depending how you sit the left side of the speedo part (10mph - 40mph ) is obscured , your eyes would need to be 200mm apart to work correctly :smile_big:
No way to change the digital KMH readout into MPH without coding
Cupholders not deep enough
When seats are raised the central armrest & door armrest become redundant
No under front seat storage ( or at least not on my car )

Anyhow i like it & its here to stay , work miles 8-10k a year plus miles to our place in France another 4k a year so it will be well used , its currently on 98k , had a timing belt + waterpump at 92k but will be having a oil change onto Millers 5w 30 next week along with a pair of front shocks ( noted at last 2 MOT tests & clearly past their best )

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
That sounds like a good start, and it does not look like half the other cars in the car park. There is a post in the Yetipedia on how to fit an under seat storage tray. Fully agree about the speedo. I had thought about reversing the dials, but the innards prevent that being done.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yep I also agree with you
my Speedo only shows mph Very annoying when driving in Europe
my old Octavia conveniently showed both
mine has under drivers seat drawer mind

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Eddie,
Sounds like a previous owner has changed the digital speed display on your car, from kph to mph. That can be done, but they would have had to also use VCDS or similar to first trick the car into thinking it lives in Australia or USA. I understand the display can be flipped back to kph, via some tricks in the Maxidot options menu system. I expect someone will be along soon who knows how to do that. It may even be in Yetipedia?

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
Hopefully I have attached three pictures, one shows the larger display with the changed country setting, one shows the extra menu box for turning it on and off, the third my preferred display with more lines, not available with the large mph.
After dragging and dropping there are size options displayed, thumbnail or full size, this might be two x thumbnail and one full size

VCDS mph option.jpg VCDS mph option.jpg
VCDS preffered display.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found another basic design "flaw" today .
Cruising along at 70mph on m-way in heavy rain the water blows off the wing mirror housings spreading across the window area you would use to look at the mirrors .
Rendered them pretty much useless , not ideal

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
Before fitting Heko deflectors the rain travelled up my side windows but never to the extent of rendering the mirrors useless. The Heko's also stop rain dripping onto the door switches when the window is opened.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts