Yeti Owners Club banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
A lil update. Still no solutions. Kinda at a loss.

They took it to the škoda shop, it was there for 2 weeks. They changed the injectors and "reprogrammed" the whole car. I took it for a drive the day they gave it back to me and it felt amazing, honestly drove super well. through the mountains and all.

Then it started again. 3 days in a row with at least 15 engine cut outs. I've kinda pinpointed it. It only happens when clutch is depressed and the car is moving (if I'm in first gear going really slowly for example, or in bumper to bumper traffic, or approaching a stop light), or when the car is put into neutral - either when moving slowly (also approaching stoplight for example) or when fully stopped. And now when I restart the car, sometimes it doesn't even fully restart. The RPM needle just jiggles around and goes crazy, and then drops back to zero, battery light turns on, and the same thing happens.

The dealer SWEARS this is my issue, but it's clear it's not. my driving style doesn't change from day to day. I can drive my partner's car and this doesn't happen. They gave me a loaner car and This doesn't happen either. It's just my yeti.

I was told by the very nice man who worked at the rental place that loaned me the car, that maybe it could be the CKP or the CMP. Not even sure what those are. But it's clear it's something with either idle, RPM, etc...

Any ideas what I could tell dealer to look for? I'm so exhausted of this. Love the yeti but might have to figure out a way to give this car back to them and get my money back

·
Administrator
16,376 Posts
If it happens regularly, would you be able to get it examined by an independent engineer who would produce a report?

Then depending on his findings, it might help the dealer fix it, or prove what is needed to return the car to the seller or take them to court. There is always the chance of this being the reason the previous owner got rid of it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If it happens regularly, would you be able to get it examined by an independent engineer who would produce a report?

Then depending on his findings, it might help the dealer fix it, or prove what is needed to return the car to the seller or take them to court. There is always the chance of this being the reason the previous owner got rid of it.
I was thinking about that. It's back in the shop now. I really put my foot down and told them I won't take the car back until they figure this out. They keep relying on the "there aren't any error codes!" excuse but I won't take that as sufficient. It's clear there are certain things that might be off that won't produce an error code.

If they really swear they can't find anything again, I will take the car to another mechanic. The thing is this will void the 1 year warranty I have from the dealer. But honestly I just wanna get this problem figured out. And then can figure out if I can reclaim the money that I would spend on the other mechanic, or figure out a way to return the car, etc etc.

What a headache this is giving me!

·
Premium Member
Yeti Outdoor 2017 SE L 2.0TDi 150 4x4 Manual
7,449 Posts
At any point during this saga, has the electrical earth cable been checked or preferably replaced? The cable between the car's body frame to the engine/gearbox assembly. (NOT the battery terminal to body frame earth cable - those are usually fine).

Reactions: Cubes

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
At any point during this saga, has the electrical earth cable been checked or preferably replaced? The cable between the car's body frame to the engine/gearbox assembly. (NOT the battery terminal to body frame earth cable - those are usually fine).
I'm not sure. Since I'm in Spain a lot of these terms go over my head in Spanish as well which makes things even more difficult. I am near fluent but not in car talk 😂 Even in English I'm like, "huh?" when it comes to the names of all these parts.

Tomorrow i'll get a second opinion at least by phone. My mother in law's cousin is a mechanic. I'll do my best to explain to him what's happening and see if he can point me in the right direction

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Not if you tell them to take to someone who can fix it.
Yeah, it's so weird though. At first they took it to the mechanic that they generally work with, who found no error codes.

Then I begged them to take it to the skoda mechanic who is also saying the same.

I will try and force them to take it to a different shop if skoda can't figure it out.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Ask them if they know a proper mechanic ... one who doesn't have to rely on a computer to tell him how to do his job.

In your position, I would be getting near to the point of returning the car and asking for my money back.
They've had plenty of opportunities to fix it, but have been unable to do so.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm intrigued why the Skoda garage would change the injectors. Was this just a random 'lets see if this works' activity, or was there a definite reason for doing this? Just about any condition that would cause an injector to fail or not be working properly will generate either an error code or an out-of-spec parameter that should show up. The same with any other failure of any kind. If there's no stored code I would expect them to log certain parameters while the car was run and then review the data to give a clue to what's going on. Apart from the manufacturer 's diagnostics, there are data logging scopes such as PicoScope that show an additional level of diagnostic information.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts