Yeti Owners Club banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just bought a space saving spare wheel for my 67 reg 4x4 Yeti and it has come with a jack but no boxes to go round the sides and nothing to hold it down. Any ideas how I can get the rest of the kit without paying a fortune. As a lady in my 70's I'm afraid too much DIY is not an option.

·
Administrator
13,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Hi Anne, welcome to the forum. The storage boxes can sometimes be found on eBay and Gumtree. With Gumtree the price does not go up as with eBay.

You don't say where you are, but here is one spare wheel kit this one is from a 2x2 but will fit a 4x4. The correct spare is smaller than the other wheels but is still fitted with a 215/60/16 H rated tyre.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
I have a horrible feeling Anne may have bought one of the nasty really thin wheels, as those seem to be advertised without all the fittings.

·
Administrator
13,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I'm not sure if Anne is still looking in n the forum, but just in case. Here is a complete spare wheel kit, wheel/tyre, storage boxes, jack for £85 on Gumtree.

4x4 spare wheel kit £85

·
Registered
10 Posts
I see that the official spare wheel kit for 2 wheel drive is £260 from Caffyns, hopefully I might be able to find something cheaper somewhere, seeing a lot of slim wheels advertised for yetis but I thought these were not sanctioned?

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
The silly narrow spare wheels are not Type Approved for Yetis and therefore fitting one is illegal.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts