Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just done a visual check of my tyres and whilst there's plenty left on them yet, it's clear that the front tyres are wearing at a faster rate than the rear tyre. Obviously I'd expect this given that the vast majority of the time more power is directed to the front wheels than the rear.

When it comes to replacing them, do I need to replace all 4 tyres given that my Yeti is a 4x4?

Looking at the front tyres I would guess that there is about 5000 miles left on them, but the rear would be good for a lot longer than that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Swap them round :)

·
Premium Member
5,070 Posts
AllI do is get the rears moved to the front and the new ones on the rear. That is the advice by all the major tyre manufacturers if you do not change all four.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
As above keep the better tyres on the rear, my fronts are wearing slightly more than the rears and will be left as they areuntilthe fronts are replaced, then the new ones will go on the rear and rear moved to the front.

You can control the front of the car with the steering and power, but if the rear starts to overtake the front its much more difficult to get it back, it will also spread the cost ofreplacing your tyres.
Wellthat's myview
but most garages and tyrecompany'swill say the same.

Thedifference inwearwill not affect the 4 wheel drive at all

·
Registered
90 Posts
in the winter snow i made a vid by propping my phone on the dash. the movie was good.
question.
have we provision for videos on the forum? if not are we going to have?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
You could post it onYouTubeor asimilar site and post up the link
Edited by: wakev

1 - 7 of 7 Posts