Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am new to 4x4. Have seen reports on how good Yeti is in snow using Off road button. What is it like in snow without the off road button.?
Also can this facility be retro fitted or is it factory fit only ?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi the off road button would give you more automatic controls, like hill decent control and a few others, but the yeti is more than capable without this function.

I know one of the members on this site who lives in Wales and has to drive a fair distance to work up and down the hills has not got the ORB and has had no problems.

To retro fit the ORB would cost a fortune, more than it was worth.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have never used the off road button in deep snow just a good set of winter tyres did the trick the only time I had a wheel spin indicator was when driving in frozen rain and I gave the car a good boot of throttle to get it to slide

·
Premium Member
5,326 Posts
The Welshman!

No ORB on mine and I've never had a problem coping with snow, mud, or anything else, but I have been driving 4x4's for many years, and am LR trained!

The ORB is good for inexperienced people, but can lead to a false perception of safety so you can easily go beyond your comfort zone and capabilities, however it is good. Winter tyres as well and a Yeti is almost unstoppable.

It is NOT retro fittable!! I asked, and there would be a lot of new bits in the braking system and electronics.

·
Registered
90 Posts
hi taffy ive had the lot in the land rover world thinking it the only off roaders in the world. we went up snowden in a 1956 86in wheel base landy and a convoy of about 4 series 1s to europe. out of all the disco and range rover being the best off road. I have my sketi and it has the ORB and its help me out a few times. only last week i was backing in a tight spot near the sons house and got wheel spin. pushed the button and up it went as smooth as you like.when you have a brick wall inches away you know the button will help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts