Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am the proud own of a new Silver 112tsi Yeti, whichI took delivery ofthree days ago and am also anew convert to Skoda and the Yeti. If you thinkYetis are thin on the ground, you should come and take a look at the almost Skodaless land down under. There are onlythree variations of the Yeti in Oz - 1.2 litrepetrol 2x4, 1.8 litrepetrol 4x4 and 2.0 litre diesel 4x4, all available with either manual or auto gearboxes and with plenty of options on offer. Yes, there is still along wait time for any special order and vehicle not in stock.

About 10 years agowhen revisiting North Walesan old mechanic friend of my fatherasked me to tell my father that he was now a Skoda owner. Of course the thought would cause my father to recall the Skodacars of the 1960s and not the current well designed and well built Skodas of today.

I don't know what is wrong with my eyes, but I just can't see the ugliness in the Yetithat is seen by others in a number of reviews or comments about the Yeti reviews, but as is said beauty is in the eyes of the beholders.

I haveread a number of posts and replies to these posts and already feel at home.

Wishing all a great Yeti day.

Banjobach.

·
Registered
35 Posts
G'Day mate.

Good to hear from Oz on your new Yeti. Enjoy!

·
Administrator
14,219 Posts
I also don't understand how others can think a Yeti looks like two cars joined together, the Roomster yes but not the Yeti. Here's to many enjoyable miles in your new Sonw Monster

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
G'day Red Clydeside and The Hood,

Thanks for the welcome. I visited this website and read most of the posts before joining and have found it to be a positive and worthwhile site.Just like many others I am thoroughly enjoying my new ride and hope to take it for a decent drive this weekend coming, because up to now I have only managed a few days of 14 kilometres to and from work each day and a shortround trip of 50 km on Sunday in the Snow Monsterafterreturning our grandchildren after their sleepover.A surprise of all surprises was gifted to me this morning on the way to workwith the sighting of a white Snow Monster.If you include my Yeti, that's three I've now seen on theW.A. roads.

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Prynhawn Da, croeso.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Llanigraham said:
Prynhawn Da, croeso.

Diolchiadau Llanigraham,

I am poorly practiced at my Welsh; been down under since 1966.

I hope youandyour Ye T. I. enjoy many years and miles of travel together.

Dymuniadau gorau,

Banjobach

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi. Mine is mato brown. There are very few Yetis in Zagreb (Croatia), where I live. There are many different SUV over here, but people tell me all the time that I have a great looking car. By their reactions, I'd say we'll have some more yetis in Croatia soon.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
G'day Jazz, I test drove a Mato brown Yeti,on the day that I signed up for my Silver Yeti. Thetemperature gets a little warm here in the summer, so was hoping to get a light colour either white or silver. SWMBO prefered the silver and I did not mind either colour.

The closest I have been toCroatia is Budapest; in June of this year, where we arrived after a few days in Prague.Prague is wherewe first saw a number ofSkoda Yeti being driven and a few parked, which gave me the opportunity to take a closer look.

I have owned and driven a number of cars and consider this to be the best yet. Although I must admit that the seats in the Toyota Avalon (my last car) were extremely comfortable.My Yeti hasdone 6000km to date and amaveraging 8.5litres per 100km, which is about what I expected for mainly urban driving.

Up to now, I have seen three other Yetis on the road in Western Australia. I do hope you and your Yeti enjoy many miles of trouble free motoring.

Banjobach

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thank you, Banjobach.
Next time you visit Europe, I hope you'll find some time for Croatia. Not many skoda yeti, but a lot of nice places to see; Plitvice lakes, over 1000 islands, old roman culture on the coast, lots of traces of otoman and austrian empire on the east, etc
By the way, silver was my second choice.
8,5 in urban area is better than I do. Zagreb, rush hour (16-17,00 hrs) and slow motion on the distance from my work and home - about 9,0 -9,5.
Best wishes to you (and your yeti), too. Hope you'll take it to some australian adventure soon.
Edited by: Jazz Moli

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JohnYeti said:
Hey Banjo,
I will be in WA over Xmas and New Year, Burns Beach (Iluka)near Joondalup, will be doing some Yeti spotting !

Hi John, I do hope you enjoy a wonderful time here in WA. Back in the early 70s I used to build VW beach buggies and drive them around the sand hills just north of Burns Beach. Today most people who live there would not know of our beach buggy tracks and the many guys who spent their weekends tearing around in their buggies.

I see you are from Sunny Lancs - anywhere in particular. I left sunny Connah's Quay on Deesideas a young lad in 1966; just a stones throw away.

Happy Trails,

Banjobach

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Banjo,
yes, done some 4-wheel driving in the dunes where you mention, and up above Two Rocks where civilisation runs out !

Worked in Broughton for 10 years up `til last Xmas, just round the corner from The `Quay !

Sunny Rochdale now

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
John, what a small world we do live in. My dear old dad and a couple of unclesused to work at Broughton too. Some when it was De Havillands building Doves, Comets, Beverley - baby elephants etc. It later become Hawker Siddeley and as you know AeroSpace. While I as a youth attended the Air Training Corp cadets, meeting on the otherside of the airfield - Manor Lane.
I may have driven through Rochdale when travelling from Keighley to N. Wales.

Happy Trails,

Banjo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts