Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, newbie here.
This year I found a roof tent for a really good price, and having always thought they were neat bought it for my 2014 L&K 4x4 Yeti.

Managed to use it a couple of times in what was left of the warm months, so here are some pictures:

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle registration plate Cloud

Parked up on the way to camping with the Roof tent attached

Car Plant Vehicle Tire Wheel

Setup for camp in the new forest

Car Plant Land vehicle Vehicle Sky

Setup for camp at a friend's farm in the midlands

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate

Just thought this shot was neat, this was a different trip where I camped inside the car using a camper conversion I made (and might detail here later if people are interested)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
There was a discussion about a Yeti camper conversion recently.
Post a picture of the inside and it may pique people's interest.

Strange how you often pitch up next to a Range Rover with a roof tent 😄

·
Registered
2016 Yeti 1.2 TSI SE Outdoor (Moon White Met) Heated front/rear screen, heated seats and sat nav
72 Posts
Hi All, newbie here.
This year I found a roof tent for a really good price, and having always thought they were neat bought it for my 2014 L&K 4x4 Yeti.

Managed to use it a couple of times in what was left of the warm months, so here are some pictures:

View attachment 6444
Parked up on the way to camping with the Roof tent attached

View attachment 6445
Setup for camp in the new forest

View attachment 6446
Setup for camp at a friend's farm in the midlands

View attachment 6447
Just thought this shot was neat, this was a different trip where I camped inside the car using a camper conversion I made (and might detail here later if people are interested)
Yeah I was considering one too! Got a mate that installs them on all sorts, easy to put up?? Any change needed to roof rails?

·
Registered
844 Posts
...I camped inside the car using a camper conversion I made (and might detail here later if people are interested)
Post a picture of the inside and it may pique people's interest.
Hi Will and welcome to the Forum. I too would be interested to see your camper conversion as it's something I am considering myself for the occasional night when I can't be bothered to put a tent up. Cheers (y)

·
Premium Member
Yeti S+ 2010 2.0TDi CFHA 110 2WD Manual
7,237 Posts
Hi Will and welcome to the Forum. I too would be interested to see your camper conversion as it's something I am considering myself for the occasional night when I can't be bothered to put a tent up. Cheers (y)
"You can sleep in a car, but you can't go rallying in a house!" :D (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I was considering one too! Got a mate that installs them on all sorts, easy to put up?? Any change needed to roof rails?
Yeah super easy to put up and set down. Takes maybe 1 min to put up and 2-3 to put down. Longer to get it on to the car though...

No changes needed to the roof rails, it straddles them rather than being bolted through, here's a picture:

Ceiling fan Gas Shade Mechanical fan Tints and shades

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think I’d want something more secure than wingnuts holding that onto my roof!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Details of the tent and how much it cost would gather my interest a little quicker than pictures of wing nuts. Most of the tents of this kind that I have seen are in excess of £2000, which reduces my interest somewhat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Details of the tent and how much it cost would gather my interest a little quicker than pictures of wing nuts. Most of the tents of this kind that I have seen are in excess of £2000, which reduces my interest somewhat.
Apologies the content thus far hasn't been tailored to you.

This tent retails for £1300 which I agree is prohibitive. However I was able to snag this one for £450. I'm sure if you're overlanding across the sahara it's worth the full price tag, but I'd never have paid more than ~£500 for one, so I was super lucky to find this one

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Will, great set up. Planning to do the same if I find an affordable option. Any recommendations for where to look for a Yeti-compatible tent at a reasonable price? Is it possible to install yourself?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts