Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
14,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the years we have had some members leave who have been good enough to tell us about the replacement for their Yeti, why they chose it, how it compares, and have also continued to give other members the benefit of their Yeti knowledge and experience. Now the Yeti has ceased production this will continue and probably increase.

So if you have already changed your Yeti i.e. Colin and his Kodiaq, and Paul with his Golf, and so to be 137699. This section is for you.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Good day young master Hoody, what a good idea that is. Many of us have come to look upon various members as old and dear friends over the years, and do not wish to lose touch on a permanent basis. It would be nice therefore to be able to pop in from time to time to see who is still around, and catch up with, and exchange news, with members old and new. So with your leave Derek , I will continue to do that. Bye the way, has any further been done about a further Yorkshire meet (I have looked in but I have yet to see any dates suggested by that young scallywag Jimmy).

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
As will I!

·
Registered
39 Posts
My Yeti had a DSG fault repaired just in warranty so i looked at a new one and finance offersthe new Yeti has not changed much.My Sister took her Nissan Note in for a service and got a Leaf
as a loan car I drove it then had a 4 day test drive Nissan gave me a good price for the Yeti and i become a owner of a 6 month old Leaf Tecna .I get 120 miles from a over night charge that costs £3.50p work is a 24 mile round trip can charge at work for free.There are 6 public charging points near
me and a rapid charge takes 30 min.

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
Do you know how long it is actually charging for?I only ask because when I had the Mitsubishi PHEV 1 8 months ago, a 5 hour charge using a 13amp plug was 86p.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Leaf has a 3Kw or 6.5 Kw charger built in the car I have got a home charging point single phasethat can supply up to & Kw the car has o 30 Kw battery so 10 hours max I put mine on at !! 30 Pm
and its charged by 5 am i normley charge when at 15% left

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi wobbley. We had a leaf and felt that it was no good a if you was a one car family. Had to use the second car quite a lot for long distance travel. Dont get me wrong i think its a brilliant car so comfortable no other car comes close. We realy struggled in the winter months when we had to put the heater and other stuff on to keep it demissted. Hope Nissan can get the range sorted so ot can hang with the tesla.

·
Administrator
14,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had recently looked at the Leaf but decided the range was not sufficient yet, I expect it will be improved soon. We have solar panels but they generate power at exactly the time the car would be in use and not available to charge.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I start to worry when the fuel warning light comes on on my car, and it will still go about 90 miles safely.
I don't think i could live with a car that has only that when fully charged!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Hood what you need is a power wall so your solar panels charge it in the day and you use it at night

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi t_bone the later Leaf heating and air con system was changed to a "heat pump" system and this uses less batt power,takes around 5 miles off range

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hi all, just thought I'd bob back in and say hello. We've just come back from a med cruise, and I expected to see a lot of both Yetis and Golf SV's around the Med, but saw very few in the south of France, quite a few Yetis in Spain, and a few in Corsica and Rome. Less than I expected though, there seem to be far more Yetis over here (maybe we are more discerning then those lot over the waters!
Bye for now. (PS - car still going great, never been near a VW agent yet in just over a year and 8.5k.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hi all, nothing to report really, except that the SV is now shod with winter tyres, and after 10k has still not put a foot wrong (not sure that is tempting providence making a comment like that). The car still feels just like new, and drives the same. Very hard to hear the engine even driving around town, and a few times people crossing in the middle of the street do not hear me coming. The extra 200cc seems to make quite an increase in power over the Yeti's 1200cc, and gives better economy too. Even now that winter is here I still get around 50/52 mpg overall, about 8mpg up on my Yeti.May I
be one of the first on this site to wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

·
Registered
390 Posts
The Hood said:
Maybe what you need is another 1 year old Yeti.

Not surprisingly I have had a look and been to my local dealership, who offered me crumbs for mine and didn't seem to want to 'negotiate' on what I thought was a expensive 6 month old diesel!
I might fold, or keep the present one longer, or try something different......still unsure at this stage which way I will go.

It's the longest I ever kept the same car, so it's doing something right

·
Administrator
14,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You could always put it up for sale on the forum, especially if it has not been "fixed". The PX offered would give you an idea of how to price it so that you get more than the PX and the buyer gets it for less than at a Dealer.

·
Registered
109 Posts
just traded my Yeti in on Friday after only a years ownership, love it but have bubbles of rust coming out on the rear door bottoms and cannot abide rust had enough of it with my VW T25 camper van, you are only chasing your tail with rust imo have bought a Kia PRO'CEED diesel, a bit cheesed off with the Skoda brand as this is the 'newest' car I have had and did not expect trouble with rust, will keep a look out on here from time to time and thanks for the hints and tips I have picked up

·
Administrator
4,874 Posts
Good luck Scottbott, shame about the problem. Hope you enjoy the Kia.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts