Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I have been have a look at this forum and I thought I'd say hi.

I looked at a Yeti at my local dealership and I really like it. So I am now in the process of searching but a better deal than my local dealership.

I have looked on Carquake and new-car-discount and they have quoted me good prices. I was wondering if anyone can advise me of any other good internet sites to look at please?

I am considering a 2.0l TDi 4x4 L&K with space-saving tyre (this seems to be advisable!).

Thanks!

·
Administrator
13,429 Posts
Hi

Mine came from skodastore.com which is Rainworth in Mansfield, there are also happynewcar, orangewheels and drivethedeal.

Jeremy was very good at Rainworth, they did everything they had promised to do, at the time there was a very long waiting list and they managed to get my car almost a month earlier than promised. As well as a discount on the car they also gave a reduction on any extras ordered at the same time.

When I bought mine they offered free nationwide delivery on a trailer, but since then a member in the north of Scotland said free delivery was not offered to him and he drove down to collect his.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Carfile broker who also uses Rainworth Skoda.I'm saving about £2.5k over buying local, but will have to drive to the Midlands to p/ex and collect my new yeti when it arrives.
I'm looking forward to the trip as it means I get to drive my new car 500 miles

·
Registered
224 Posts
Excellent service from Carfile and Rainworth Skoda when we purchased our Yeti last June. So good in fact that we may even make it a day out when our first service is due and drive the 100 miles or so back to Rainworth. As for the car it'self, well there have been some problems all of which have eventually been fixed under warranty by a "local" dealer. I find the car very pleasant to drive with a nice gearbox, good cornering and comfy seats. The ride could be better, as could the brakes. I find the engine (2.0 TDi 110bhp) lacking in grunt at the top end but I believe the 4 x 4 version has the 140 bhp engine. Still havethe oddfew squeek and rattle to sort. Excellent mpg at around 52. Overall verdict, nice car, could be better with someminor tweeks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. My current car is an Octavia and we got that through Rainworth Skoda through Carquake about 4 years ago. That was a very good service. I plan to get the 170bhp on the L&K so, hopefully, that will have plenty of power.

·
Administrator
13,429 Posts
Mike Tee said:
Excellent service from Carfile and Rainworth Skoda when we purchased our Yeti last June. So good in fact that we may even make it a day out when our first service is due

The ride could be better, as could the brakes.

Excellent mpg at around 52. Overall verdict, nice car, could be better with some minor tweeks.

I am also thinking of making a trip to Mansfield for my first service, and combining it with a few days touring the area. We also have a relative in Nottingham.

I bought some used 16" Audi Alloys (£60 on eBay) and fitted Michelin winter tyres, the ride was greatly improved. It is possible to increase the brake boost using VCDS, I have done this and the braking is improved.

I have done just over 17000 miles with an average of 51.4 mg.

Skoda could make the car even better by making small inexpensive improvements such as a choice of 16 or 17" wheels, and making a heated windscreen a standard fitment.

I have only two regrets with my Yeti, I did not get a heated front screen, and I did not get one sooner.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi folks, sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place but I am indeed more of an ancient tynesider than just an old one. my knowledge of computers is scant, I am more used to replacing valves in radios than figuring out these new fangled magic machines,I should mention that I am trying to introduce myself as a newby.
I live in North Yorkshire after emigrating from Tyneside over 30 years ago.
I have just stumbled on this site by chance whilst looking for info on the Skoda Yeti,
I owned a Skoda in the early 1960's cant remember the model but it was red with 3 gears and had a really modern device, just behind the drivers door was a leaver that when pulled opened the petrol cap filler.
every one of my mates thought it was brilliant,
Anyway I digress, I just wanted to say hello, I am thinking of buying a yeti but am just at the start of the search, an old friend of mine has just bought one after selling his xtrail and I am really impressed with it.
I am advised that they come with 2 wheel and 4 wheel drives as options so I intend to take it slow in my decision , Currently I drive a 03 Freelander and cant fault it other that the boot capacity and cost of parts.
I shall return to forum now if I can find my way
I apologise for any problems I have caused by this hi jack / please feel free to move it .
best regards to all. the oldtynesider

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi and welcome.

The yeti comes as a 2x4 or 4x4 as you rightly pointed out, the specs are,
Petrol
1.2 manual 2x4
1.2 dsg (auto box) 2x4
1.8 manual 4x4
Diesel
1.6 manual green line 2x4
110 manual 2x4
110 manual 4x4
140 manual 4x4
140 dsg (auto box)4x4
170 manual 4x4

Also the spec of each one runs like this,

E base model
S
SE
SE+
ELEGANCE top model
L&K now out more goody's as standard over the elegance

Hope this helps and is not confused the issue more
, good luck with your quest in choosing the right one for you

Edited by: wakev

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Wakev. thank you for the quick response and all the information, that has taken about a month off computer bashing for me, its a very good starting place.

one question I would put to every Yeti owner is 'what would they like to see changed on or in the car?
I am looking for the weak or bad spots in the opinion of the owners.
Thanks again, am looking forward to hearing from you all
best regards G.

·
Registered
828 Posts
My pet change to stop me moaning at passengers on entry and exit would be to move the door rubbing strips up an inch or two, or make them a fraction thicker so they hit any obstruction before the door edge does. Also the rear doors need some protection on the wheelarch moulding.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts