Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we are in Sunny Andalucia just driven 1500 miles from Banbury to a little village called Alozaina in two days and still managed around 38 to 40 mpg even driving at the speed limit (80 mph) most of the way.

Here we are up in the wilds surrounded by wild thyme and sage as well as olives and oranges and the temp is lower 20's! It beats the weather at home at the moment.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I like the first piccy. A bit of contrast between the harsh and rugged landscape with the comfort and class of the Yeti. It's almost as if the Yeti is saying "...this rough environment can't stop me!"

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And that is exactly how it feels being here. It's a sort of "come on, bring it on, that's what I was made for" feeling. It was a great drive to get here - 15oo miles in two days but with two drivers but it just soaks up the miles, the hills in fact everything that you throw at it. It does look a bit grubby now though!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hola, Buenos Dias Alan,You seen to be enjoying you trip as much as we did! It's a shame we didn't have more time. Your weather looks good, ours was a bit iffy most of the time. Enjoy your holiday!!
Adios amigo.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hola Tim

The weather here is certainly better than Sittingbourne I bet. It's now 8.30 pm here and it is still around 20 deg. Off to the airport shortly to pick up some of the family and then tomorrow more adventures!
Adios

·
Registered
268 Posts
And the weatherlooks set to continue improving over the next few day's so you timed it about right Alan.We're looking to start a month or so's journey in the next few week's to take in Portugal,Extremadura and some of france before hitting the UK for a week or so.Pray the weather in UK pick's it's skirt up cos I really dont fancy that cold n wet stuff.Apart from that Yodo will get dirty and we cant have that.Enjoy your holiday and dont forget if you get over this side give us a shout.Dont know whether you've travelled through extremadura but some great driving country there and scenery to die for.Give it a go if you get the time,well worth it.Again,enjoy.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Should you be crossing the channel at Dover and need a cuppa, we are only 50 mins away. When you have some dates, if we are home you are welcome to a cuppa..

·
Registered
268 Posts
Tim,by the time we get that side we will be gasping.We pass fairly close to that area so you might well regret that offer.Will let you know when we have some idea of travel destinations and times.
I do hope that includes a large cream cake to go with it.lol

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some seriousoffroading today, a few kays of Green lanes or in Spain brown lanes, on 3 wheels at times. This is what she was made for but the one above was a step too far
This is where she lives in Spain, on a neighbours drive

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yet another day in thelifeof a Yeti a long way from home. Up in the Ronda area temp at around 28 degrees at highest and altitude almost 1200 metres

On the way to small village called Zahara near Seville and yes we did follow the road in the second one all the way down to the lake. The pic was taken at around 1200 metres and the road down went on for ever

On the way to Ronda

·
Registered
828 Posts
We were in Ronda 2 1/2 weeks ago and it wasn't that sunny or warm. I feel jealousy creeping in. Smashing pics!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Tim

If you ever go to Rondo again go towards Seville and turn off to a village called Grazalama and then from there go onto to Zahara. You go through corkforestson the way to Grazalam

Grazalama is a white village but is one that you can still drive through and has a lot of interesting things and stunning scenery (especially ventas!) and theroadto Zahara isabsolutelystunning, one of those not to be missed roads. We only found out about it by chance this week talking to somebody else in that village that we live in here.

Unfortunatelyit all ends next Monday when we wend our way back up through France and then home through the tunnel, but we will probably be back again in july and possibly in September for theOliveFestival in the village (called Alozaina)

Perhaps we can meet at sometime, I visit my parents in Faversham from tme to time so we will have to see

Regards

Alan

1 - 20 of 20 Posts