Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a test drive and signing on the dotted line tomorrow.....was between the yeti and the freelander....hope I have made the right choice......

·
Administrator
14,839 Posts
If you want to go green laneing you need the Freelander, if you want a big smile on your face and probably the most able road car you could buy, you got the right one! I am sure you will enjoy your beast when it arrives. How about some more details 2x4, 4x4, colour, how long is the wait, and best of all whatextras?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the 4WD! I live on a farm and have always had 4WD (currently Jeep Patriot) and it is black! It is a used car (3 years old) so the extras were already on it - digital sound system, bluetooth etc....heard to many mechanical complaints about freelander but the yeti seems so reliable, sturdy spacious and the main selling point for me was the removable back seats (as a florist I need the space for large flowers boxes etc) i am very excited

·
Registered
730 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and to yeti ownership. You're right in thinking that the yeti is reliable, the Auto Express has voted it one of the most reliable, and also voted it Car of the year a couple of years ago. Last week they did a test on the face lifted model and their comment was " Yeti 4x4, still a top choice, off road and on" and, "The Yeti majors on value for money, practicality and - in 4x4 guise - serious off-road ability" Think that about sums it up!! ENJOY

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum and Yeti ownership

I'm sure you will be pleased with it

as i'm sure i will

Enjoy the forum,very friendly and informative here

and enjoy your Yeti

·
Registered
828 Posts
Welcome JJ, enjoy many happy miles of motoring. All with a big grin!!

·
Administrator
5,137 Posts
Welcome JJ as well from me. Glad to see you will be running your Yeti on flower power.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Better value than a Freelander, but not cheaper! I've heard and seen some horror stories about Land Rover Freelander reliability but none about the Yeti.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome I think you have made the right decision the Yeti's are very well engineered.Best Wishes John

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Welcome from Ozland! Owned my baby for 6 months and just adore it!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Even Clarkson rated the Yeti on Top Gear, which proves what we owners already knew. The Yeti IS great car.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Tim Jeal said:
Even Clarkson rated the Yeti on Top Gear, which proves what we owners already knew. The Yeti IS great car.
OR possibly proved that we are all(in a nice beardy kind of way) as barking mad as Mr Clarkson!!

OK andit really is a cracker of a car - in my limited experience & tens of thousands of miles of experience from you folk!

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The Hood said:
I'm starting to feel left out!!! I think I might have to grow a beard!!!!

No don't I haven't got one, then I will feel left out.

·
Registered
394 Posts
JOOKS said:
OR possibly proved that we are all (in a nice beardy kind of way) as barking mad as Mr Clarkson!!

OK andit really is a cracker of a car - in my limited experience & tens of thousands of miles of experience from you folk!
OY! I'm going to sell ours if anyone classes me with that idiot, beard or not.....

·
Administrator
14,839 Posts
wakev said:
The Hood said:
I'm starting to feel left out!!! I think I might have to grow a beard!!!!

No don't I haven't got one, then I will feel left out.

Oh good an excuse not to!

·
Administrator
5,137 Posts
Coming home from our local Sainsbury's the other day there was a Yeti queuing behind me at a roundabout. No acknowledgement from the male driver to my wave, but guess what. He had a beard.

Is it because the yeti is so much fun that they never waste time shaving when they can be out in their yeti?

·
Registered
10 Posts
It is said that over time dog owners begin to take on the appearance of their pet, so it logically follows that Yeti owners will do likewise.It is certainly nice to know that there are other bearded Yeti owners around ... though if your sighting happens to be in Lanarkshire it may well have been me! Apologies for not waving back if it was.

2 years and over 40,000 miles shared with my Black 170 4x4 Elegance and it still feels like a first date every time I get behind the wheel.Edited by: Mountain Goat

·
Registered
471 Posts
Epicyclic - your beard is very distinguished - you lead the way and others will follow!DEAR PROBLEM PAGE
There don't seem many YETIS in my part of Buckinghamshire but for those that I have seen, the beard count is as high as 50% so far. When my Yeti(evenually) arrives Ifear total rejection round here from other Yeti owners, so as i am rather shy & retiring, I may wellkeep a stick on beard in the car - just in case, will this help me?Do you think that I would look even more authentic if I had some eyebrows like The Hoods as well?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts