Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.2 DSG. Where is the horn located and how do I access it please anyone? I can't tolerate it's bleat and want to fit 2 tone version. Tia.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
From Elsawin:
Removing and installing high-tone horn and low-tone horn
Note The horns are located at the front left and right next to the frame side rails behind the bumper.
On vehicles for India, the horns are located at the lock carrier behind the radiator grill as of CW 32.11.
Remove (except vehicles for India as of CW 32.11)
""“ Switch off the ignition and all electrical components.
""“ Remove the sound dampening system
""“ Slacken the front part of the wheelhouse liner on the side of the horn to be removed
""“ Vehicles with diesel engines, right side - slacken charge air hose.

""“ Disconnect plug

""“ Release fixing screw (20 Nm) and remove horn with holder.
""“ If necessary remove holder from horn (nut 14 Nm).
Remove - vehicles for India as of CW 32.11
""“ Open front flap and remove the radiator grill.
""“ Disconnect the plugs from the horns.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Johnmayhew said:
How do I remove the bumper which I presume I need to do please?
It's not necessary...and also yes, they're OEM two tone horns...about 420 and 510 Hz. They have a Bosch two-pin half-round plug so you may have to do some electrical wire work to fit aftermarket horns. If you fit new horns a write up and a couple of photos for the How To section would be good. Good luck.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Wow! Are we really reviving a 5.5 year old thread here? ?

The horns on Indian market cars, as mentioned twice in #2, will be positioned for easy replacement, because they are in use continuously. :D

·
Premium Member
4,717 Posts
there are 2 horns one each side i took the liner off ,then there was the headlite washer bottle i gave up ..
Actually that was the WASHER bottle that does all 3 washers, windscreen, rerar screen and headlights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts