Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accountants are strange people.... except of course for those who are members of this Forum

According to the Skoda website only the Elegance model is supplied with the "Off-Road" button as standard. But if you want to have it as an "optional extra" then it costs only £105.

Now there is absolutely no way that you can provide the technology of the "Off-Road" button for £105.... therefore one must assume that the "Off-Road Button" capabilities are already installed and the £105 is simply a charge to activate them.

For most people I think, if one is spending £20k+ for a vehicle you would not be put off by an extra £105. Therefore, why not simply include the "Off-Road" button option on all the 4x4 versions?

I don't expect the Marketing people at Skoda to be buying their accountants a beer anytime soon.

T.

·
Administrator
4,884 Posts
Accountants would not consider themselves to be a credit to any organisation, as to an accountant a credit is a negative asset.

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
Firstly the "off road" button is not just a question of a simple reprogramming. There are different "hardware" items fitted, such as a proper sump guard, tank guard, brake line protection and a different ABS unit, plus alterations to various ECU programmes. That is exactly why it cannot be retro fitted.

Many owners may not want or need all the extra protection or programming. I don't have it fitted, and other than the sump guard can't say I need it, but then I've been off-roading for years, many as a trained instructor. Most of the elements of the OR button can be useful but one I find decidedly dangerous. Any driver with a small amount of training and a little common sense could happily cope with out it.

Remember than probably less than 5% of Yeti owners will ever take their car over anything more severe than a muddy field or camp site.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I tend to agree with Tavla here. It is penny pinching on the wrong item. £105, from the description given by Llanigraham, would not cover the items so presumably most of the costs are already covered by the 4wd charges in the cost of the car.

Having it as a separate item confuses people so by having it automatically included would help there. Calling it an off road button is also confusing, "does that mean 4wd will not be on unless I push off road" is something that often crops up. Call it something else, ultra off road (clearly something better than that). Let the marketing people decide, not the accountants.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Gang, Ive had the car off road proper, I am up in yorkshire at the Fat Lamb the food is out of this word buy the way, and we have gone cross country on roads that you cant stand up on no gritters just ice, and snow and howling wind only 12 below according to the dash board intrument reading. anyway in normal drive it coped with level roads ok. hills are a lot diffrent going up you start to spin so the O R B is needed and it does brilliantly. going downhill (steep) you engage first and inch onto the slope and let the car do its stuff take feet off all pedals sometimes the wieght of the car will want to take over just have patients and let car have its head so to speak all you have to di is steer the veiws on top of the moors were well worth it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts