Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, We're about to drive our LHD Yeti back to the UK for a Christmas visit! Does anyone know how to mask or adjust the headlights for driving on the left? We only have standard Halos...

Thanks
Steve

·
Premium Member
5,326 Posts
The only way is to use the stick-on masks.
Personally when we go to France I just drop the lights onto their lowest settings on the internal rotary adjuster.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah.. Thanks, I thought I'd read somewhere about an adjusting lever somewhere near the headlight. It's hard to know where to stick the masks, there's no outline mark on the headlight like there used to be....

·
Premium Member
5,326 Posts
No lever has ever been fitted to the Yeti, and only the HID equipped come with an electronic system.
There hasn't been an outline mark for a long time!! Most kits come with inbuilt instructions.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi Bolero,
Sorry that this message is only just being sent but I have only just seen it, this may be of some use to you the next time you visit the UK in your Yeti.
My Yeti is a UK registered RHD Elegance with Xenon headlights, on mine if you go to settings them menu, look for lights and vision then select "Travel Mode" this sends the dipped beam the other way. If yours has Halogen lights then you will need the stickers. I hope that this is of some help for you in the future. Mine is pre F/L.
Yetimick.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is another set of q & a's on this topic but sorry I can't locate it now. Had a similar problem in Spain last year. The car went in for a Spanish ITV (MOT) and despite the Skoda dealer's assurances it failed on lights when set to travel mode. Apparently Xenon lights can be reset to drive on the other side of the road but my dealer seems totally ignorant of how this can be done. It should be possible by programming as when the lights are first turned on they point in every conceivable direction before settling down. I have emailed various official Skoda information bods none of whom seem to be able to answer the question. Skoda should get its act together and explain what needs to be done and who can do it. My frustration at Skoda is obviously getting the better of me. Good luck and let us know if you get an answer.

·
Premium Member
5,326 Posts
Olly said:
There is another set of q & a's on this topic but sorry I can't locate it now. Had a similar problem in Spain last year. The car went in for a Spanish ITV (MOT) and despite the Skoda dealer's assurances it failed on lights when set to travel mode. Apparently Xenon lights can be reset to drive on the other side of the road but my dealer seems totally ignorant of how this can be done. It should be possible by programming as when the lights are first turned on they point in every conceivable direction before settling down. I have emailed various official Skoda information bods none of whom seem to be able to answer the question. Skoda should get its act together and explain what needs to be done and who can do it. My frustration at Skoda is obviously getting the better of me. Good luck and let us know if you get an answer.

Your Dealer is not being ignorant, at all. There are totally different light units for left or right hand drive, because the lens is different. It is nothing to do with programming.
You will need to buy new LEFT HAND DRIVE headlights.
Other members on here have had to do the same thing.

·
Administrator
14,832 Posts
Hi Olly welcome to the forum. Rather than having two elements the main/dip beam is produced by the use of a flap. Tourist mode uses the same flap to flatten the beam and stops the cornering function. Other members who use their cars abroad for long periods of time have bought replacement light units.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
The flap is actually a motorised rotating profile which turns to change the edge of the mask which blocks the light, this is how the beam can become narrower or wider or flatten.
Along with the lighting lens being moveable, a great deal of control over the lighting pattern can be realised.
This mask can also move out of the way on high beam.

The profile is different for LHD and RHD cars and since the light unit is sealed, cannot be simply swapped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts