Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have at last got around to posting this message. Last weekend I took my Yeti out for its first long trip, we travelled down to my old stomping ground of Berkshire/Hampshire to visit our daughters.
As you all know we are a little protective of our new babies but this first journey proved to be rather fraught. I am one of the old school who believes a new engine should be treated with some respect and on this trip with little more that 100 miles on the clock I was trying to keep my revs down to under 20,000, which on a road like the A605 meant I was cruising at 50 mph. Unfortunately the BMW behind me did not take kindly to this and decided to overtake at about 70mph (on a single carriageway road). In the process he threw a load of loose stones at my shiny new car, fortunately I have not been able to find any damage. Towards the end of my journey on the A34 Oxford bypass an articulated lorry also decided that 50mph was not enough for him. Normally this would not be an issue as this is a duel carriageway but for some reason he decided he wished to be on the inside lane when he was only halfway past me and proceeded to force me into the gutter, luckily I was able to brake and serve enough to avoid him but my new Yeti missed being a write off by a matter of inches!!!
.On the bright side I spotted 3 others Yeti's on my journey last Friday. One on the A605, one on the A43 and one on the A34, if any of these were members of this forum I apologise for not waving but I did not see you until it was to late . Luckily my return journey on Monday was uneventful and I have now happily completed over 600 miles.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Know just what it's like!! I too am of the old school, and when I picked up my shiny new yeti, I had a journey up the M1 (only about 5 miles) but that was enough to put the wind up my kilt. Everyone thinks that just cos you look like an SOF, you must be a SOF, and need to be treated with contempt. Just cut in about three foot (sorry 3ft 3in) i.e. a metre (see, I am almost "with it"). I also stuck to around 50mph for around 1,000 miles, and have only raised that to around 65 now she has almost reached 2,000. We have just been away down to Crewe via M1,62,60,56,6. Nd boy was I glad to get off them, after competing with the hgv's for the inside lane. Still, I hope it will be worth it in the long run. Anyway, welcome to your new car, wish you as much joy with it as I am having with mine (that's when SWMBO lets me drive her)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Empcom said:
that 100 miles on the clock I was trying to keep my revs down to under 20,000, which on a road
Blimey that's good even for a 1.2 engine

Sorry, I couldn't resist it! Glad you enjoyedthe trip home.

I'll get me coat....

·
Registered
394 Posts
paulthepedant said:
Bad Lad !!!!
I'm surprised you missed that one Paul, considering your forum title

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Empcom said:
...for some reason he decided he wished to be on the inside lane when he was only halfway past me and proceeded to force me into the gutter...
What an a***hole!

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
94 Posts
I often seem to like "tootling" along in my Yeti at less than the speed limit maximum andthen have to suffer big artics half-way up my a***! It appears to many drivers and lorry drivers in particular, that if you are not driving to the limit or beyond that you are mentally deficient or don`t know how to drive!
Perhaps they should drive a Yeti occasionally and rediscover the joys of driving instead of the stress of speeding!

Edited by: bwanamdevu

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have 2 onboard video cameras, one facing forwards the other rearwards. Should a wayward driver cause me MAJOR concern at least I have the evidence.
Shanco

·
Registered
394 Posts
paulthepedant said:
I didn't miss it - chose to give a new boy a break! Talking about forum non de plumes - does yours make you Hapic, in other words "Clean round the bend"?

Mad as a fish....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts