Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Im new to the forum & looking to buy a Yeti, which is the best one to own for reliability & low maintenance costs & good MPG.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
which is the best one to own for reliability & low maintenance costs & good MPG.
You'll want to avoid a 4x4 model if those are your criteria, due to the added complexity and weight.

Diesels give better headline MPG figures, but if you do a lot of short journeys then a 1.2 petrol might be more suitable.
A manual gearbox is less complex than a DSG automatic, and is less likely to give problems.

Having said all that, even the youngest Yeti is four years old now, so running costs will partially depend on how well a car has been looked after in the past.

If I was looking for a Yeti that was likely to be cheap to run, I would be concentrating my search on either a 1.6 Diesel Greenline or a 1.2 petrol with a manual gearbox and a full service history.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I would choose a 1.2 tsi later model with the cam belt engine,not an early chain drive that gives expensive problems!Also a manual,not automatic.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Don't buy one with a sunroof if you do you might want to think about buying a wet suit, or even think about growing your own mushrooms on the carpet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts