Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2.0 litre 4x4 170 DSG Jungle Green Outdoor .
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well . I did the job this morning . It took nearly 3 hours .
Procedure is as follows .
1. jack the car up and steady with axel stands ,chock rear wheels .
2. Remove wheel and then the wheel arch liner . T20 torx head . There are also some on the off side of the sump cover .Also I removed the rear right hand side and cente sump Torx screws T40 .
3.With all the screws removed ,remove the wheel arch liner ,the lower front spay deflector and lower the sump guard a little .
4. The air con compressor is now in a position that is accessible.
5. 16mm spanner to release the drive belt .I also undid the 2 off 10mm nuts on the washer bottle reservoir and moved it slightly outward.
6. With a stilson wrench I managed to hold the three part coupling and then undo the 10mm bolt which was Loctited in .This took about 5 mins .
7. With the bolt removed the three part splined part was prized off , this was very tight and I used 2 medium sized pry bars . This took the most time but perseverance paid off .
8. now the external circlip was removed and the pulley just pulled off , this was a slide fit . the shaft was cleaned up and the new pulley was pushed on and the new circlip was refitted .
9 .The new dust guard was fitted then the splined three part coupling was fitted and the 10mm bolt tightened with Loctite. The belt tensioned was released and the bolt checked for tightness .
10 . Washer reservoir refitted . Wheel arch liner and sump guards refitted , wheel back on and wheel bolts re torqued up. Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Automotive tire Hood Wheel Synthetic rubber
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Tire
Automotive tire Camera lens Cameras & optics Rim Gas
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Gas Auto part

Attachments

·
Registered
2.0 litre 4x4 170 DSG Jungle Green Outdoor .
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well . I did the job this morning . It took nearly 3 hours .
Procedure is as follows .
1. jack the car up and steady with axel stands ,chock rear wheels .
2. Remove wheel and then the wheel arch liner . T20 torx head . There are also some on the off side of the sump cover .Also I removed the rear right hand side and cente sump Torx screws T40 .
3.With all the screws removed ,remove the wheel arch liner ,the lower front spay deflector and lower the sump guard a little .
4. The air con compressor is now in a position that is accessible.
5. 16mm spanner to release the drive belt .I also undid the 2 off 10mm nuts on the washer bottle reservoir and moved it slightly outward.
6. With a stilson wrench I managed to hold the three part coupling and then undo the 10mm bolt which was Loctited in .This took about 5 mins .
7. With the bolt removed the three part splined part was prized off , this was very tight and I used 2 medium sized pry bars . This took the most time but perseverance paid off .
8. now the external circlip was removed and the pulley just pulled off , this was a slide fit . the shaft was cleaned up and the new pulley was pushed on and the new circlip was refitted .
9 .The new dust guard was fitted then the splined three part coupling was fitted and the 10mm bolt tightened with Loctite. The belt tensioned was released and the bolt checked for tightness .
10 . Washer reservoir refitted . Wheel arch liner and sump guards refitted , wheel back on and wheel bolts re torqued up. View attachment 7659 View attachment 7660 View attachment 7661 View attachment 7662 View attachment 7663

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts