Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has anyone else had problems with their air con? My Yeti is about 6 weeks out of warranty and the aircon stopped working. My local garage regassed it but it didnt work, they then changed the sensor switch but it still didnt work. They now think the motor has burnt out and will cost £300!!!!Is this a common problem?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hunter said:
Hi has anyone else had problems with their air con? My Yeti is about 6 weeks out of warranty and the aircon stopped working. My local garage regassed it but it didnt work, they then changed the sensor switch but it still didnt work. They now think the motor has burnt out and will cost £300!!!!Is this a common problem?
Is your "local garage" a Skoda garage?
I ask this as if you have used 100% Skoda servicing, SUK may authorise payment or a contribution.
Also have you paid for all the work that was incorrectly diagnosed?
They appear to just be taking a bit of a guess, then putting on new parts. Not sure that their poor diagnosis should be your problem?

·
Registered
15 Posts
During an MOT and oil change at Simpson's Preston,they diagnosed that the aircon was not working.How much to fix? ---£1300 !!!!

Took it to my local garage and they had to replace the compressor.Price £410 incl fitting & VAT.

Sept 2009 Yeti 140 4x4

·
Administrator
13,116 Posts
With an Elegance you have climate control, if you keep it set to auto, the aircon switches in and out as required. Auto has a high and low setting

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Air con should be run once a month to keep the oil moving round the system and to keep the seals wet, mine is always on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Exactly what I was about to say. People usually end up having problems with their aircons because they turn them off for a longer period. And people that use them on AUTO at all times just have to refill the system with gas after a few years. Ive read somewhere that 5-10% leakage / year is normal.

So people dont turn off your AC it will automatically "turn off" if its colder then 2 celcius outside, Im sure I read it in the manual :) Just leave it on low or high. The money you think you save on fuel, you'll spend that and much more on repairing the system.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
mf1981 said:
Exactly what I was about to say. People usually end up having problems with their aircons because they turn them off for a longer period. And people that use them on AUTO at all times just have to refill the system with gas after a few years. Ive read somewhere that 5-10% leakage / year is normal.

So people dont turn off your AC it will automatically "turn off" if its colder then 2 celcius outside, Im sure I read it in the manual :) Just leave it on low or high. The money you think you save on fuel, you'll spend that and much more on repairing the system.

Also to keep it at top performance have it serviced every 2 years, I have my van and yeti done at 2 yearly intervals. Gas removed dried vacuum test new oil and recharge £90 at my local garage (don't let kwikfit do it they only pump more gas into it for £45) and the van after 13 years is still cooling like new and has never been a problem. (running off to touch wood. And note to self must stop getting the wife new yetis and have a new van)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts