Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welcome, misling from Denmark ... I can't answer your query, but you can bet your bottom dollar that someone will (probably a gent and I'm an 'old gal') and just hoping to drive our new Yeti on Saturday, 1st March. You will, if you stick with the forum from time to time, find that plenty of very useful information, some of it supplied with great humour, is available. The forum members, including a few 'girls' seem to be a great bunch of people driving a great variety of the Skoda Yeti - in all its guises.
Edited by: lablover

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I think you will have to ask your dealer, don't think anyone has removed them yet.

Have had a look at a parts manual but it is not clear enough to see what holds them in, sorry

·
Premium Member
5,328 Posts
No-one has asked, so..................

Why do you need to remove them?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In my naivety I presume removing them will give me greater access behind the radio when swopping it for a HU (2 DIN) which needs a lot of space for all the different connectors etc. I might ofcourse be wrong but I can see that on U Tube they are often removed when exchanging HUs on similar vehicles ie. Golfs etc.

·
Premium Member
5,328 Posts
I think you might be surprised how much work will be needed just to get the current system out. I seem to remember that half the centre console, back to the seats has to come out.
Also remember that whatever you fit might need to "talk" to the car's systems as well.

What are you trying to replace with what?

Edited by: Llanigraham

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to replace the original radio, a Blues, with an unoriginal, if not to see Chinese wannabe, and yes I have read all the posts both here and on Briskoda so I am going in with open eyes. My first choice a Columbus costs about £1700 over here plus the extra for Blue Tooth so the cost alone decided the issue.
Hope I have made myself clear.

Best Wishes Misling

1 - 7 of 7 Posts