Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, the Yeti started showing an alarm related with the airbag. The technic people in the authorized maintenance center say that the failure is associated with something called "short circuit in the airbag ring". In order to solve this failure, I should pay a few hundred of dolars.

In the owner manual it says that the Airbag system never will require maintenance routine. Under this statement I consider that I should not pay for any service /spare related with this system. Is correct my assumption?

·
Administrator
13,126 Posts
I had an airbag warning light come on in my last car, a Mazda Premacy. With that car the light blinked in a certain sequence which indicated a problem with the front passenger seat. The economical fix was getting a replacement seat from a breakers yard. Have they made a scan of the management system, and did it indicate where the problem was? If the people you went to cannot do so you may need to go to a Skoda Dealer. If there are forums in your country you may be able to find someone who has VCDS and can run a scan for you. The connection is just above the accelerator pedal in the dashboard housing. If there are not many Skoda's in your country someone on a VW forum may be able to help you.
How old is your Yeti? if your car is new it would be covered under warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
We had this problem with our Mazda 3. Trouble was that the RTA wouldn't allow us to register it with the fault - $400 later all is good.
(just out of warranty of course!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts