Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a familiar theme to many but I thought we need to get a few balls rolling especially for new owners who may look here for research.

My Yeti is a 2.0TDi 4wd that came with the standard Dunlop wheels. I have had it for 16 months, 22,700 miles. Last winter the car was brilliant through the snow and ice, many roads being untreated up here. When the tyres were due to be changed I started to research my options. Mine is a lease car that is going back in July 2012 so I did not want to get a set of winter tyres and also a new set of summers for such a short period.

I decided to hedge my bets a little and go for the one tyre fits all option, the All Season tyre. These are meant to be better than Summer tyres in the winter but not as good as winters and vice versa. As someone who does not drive on the edge I am not worried if I lose 5% grip doing a corner at 110mph as that is not going to happen. Extra grip in the snow is however worth having. After looking at different options I went for the Nokian Entyre and they were fitted last Thursday. The ride so far is smooth and quite but the real test to see if they are worthwhile will be when the white stuff comes and I get to gauge if the grip is better than last year.

I'll update this thread as time goes on but if anyone else has experience of these then please add to this. Any experience of other All Season tyre brands would also be useful.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Goodyear Vector 4Season on our FWD Yeti 1.2 DSG.

We are very impressed with them. Were fine over the summer in high temps and quiet enough on the road. There be a slight little bit more noise, but I wonder if I just notice it because I know that the tyres were changed and I was listening for it.

In the ice and snow last year they were great.

My wife got stuck on the Dunlops getting off the drive after coming out of the garage, but with the Goodyears on she drove everywhere she wanted with the snow and even commented how good the car was now in a car park that was really iced up.

When I drove it in the snow it seemed better than my Range Rover on it's standard tyres, which are supposed to be all season. Probably down to being 1500kg lighter!

I'd definitely fit them again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts