Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting together a set of winter wheels for my 2.0tdi 140 4x4 Elegance. I know where to get the tyres, but I want a set of decent quality alloys at a fair price. (Spitzberg alloys from Skoda dealers and shops cost far too much at over £200 each).

Anyone recommend a good online shop for 7J x 17 Alloys?

·
Administrator
13,663 Posts
I got a set of Audi alloy's (without any tyres) for £60 they have a couple of minor scuffs but nothing worth worrying about. They are also 16" which allows me to fit a 215/60/16 tyre which is slightly cheaper but also appears to give a slightly more cushioned ride. As long as you get the PCD (wheel bolt size and spacing) and etd (wheel offset) correct they shoud fit. PCD 5x112,centre bore 57.1, offset 45, Mounting bolt14. x1.50

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that information Hood.

Just so that I understand correctly; PCD is 5 x112 with a centre bore of 57.1 (mm I presume); wheel offset is 45 (ET45?) and the mounting bolts are size 14 X 1.50 (is that 1.5 inches?).

·
Administrator
13,663 Posts
Tomahawx said:
Thanks for that information Hood.

Just so that I understand correctly; PCD is 5 x112 with a centre bore of 57.1 (mm I presume); wheel offset is 45 (ET45?) and the mounting bolts are size 14 X 1.50 (is that 1.5 inches?).
Yes that's right with the exception of the bolt pitch as pointed out. Here is a website that tells you which wheels will fit. There is a minor error with the Yeti as they show the offset as 47 when it is 45. I used that website tocheck the wheels for my car. I went for some that were collect only as that often puts people off, and got some very good Audi wheels on ebayfor just £60 as I was the only bidder

wheel fitment website
http://www.wheelfitment.eu/
Here is a website to find collect only just enour postcode and choose the catagory that you want
http://www.localbargainfinder.com/

·
Registered
64 Posts
For winter tyres I think you are better to have steel rims if you slide into a kerb you do not damage so much I have seen the rims on the web for 30 each I think from skoda or skoda spares worth looking around for

·
Administrator
13,663 Posts
Fair comment, if I had seen a set of steel wheels I may well have gone for them. I have been driving a car since 1972 and have covered in excess of 450,000 miles withoutsliding into a kerbso I do not worry unduly about doing so. It is very much a matter of personal choice and the OP stated that he was after a set of alloys. For what it is worth, if my car had come with the option of steel wheels rather than alloy I would probably have chosen steel as they are less likely to be stolen.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Now running on hankook winter boots very pleased so far very quiet as well other yeti is running on Pirelli winter tyres but the diameter is at least 1" smaller for the same tyre both on steel as we can drive in temps down to - 35 on occasions that's why I favour steel rims

·
Administrator
13,663 Posts

·
Administrator
13,663 Posts
JohnYeti said:
ET is rather large ! Or a misprint ?
If you mean the tyres and wheels that are for sale on the link he does not give the offset, if you are reffering to the 57 measurement, that is the centre bore, the boss on the Yeti hub is 57.1 mm. He has upgraded his disc brakes and the wheels no longer clear them.

Edited by: The Hood

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went to tyremen.co.uk and paid £695 for some Anzio Waves and Uniroyals.....pictures on the 'other yeti site'

1 - 14 of 14 Posts