Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New to this site and almost the owner of a new yeti! been waiting for my greenline se for almost five months now with a delivery date now imminent. is there anything that you experienced yeti owners would advise me on regarding the car?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome. I would ask the dealer to set your key fobs to open ALL doors with one blip. At the moment one blip will open the drivers door and you need to do two to open the others and the boot. You may be happy with that but it annoyed the **** out of me and I had to return to the dealers to get the key fobs re-programmed, a job that takes minutes.

Otherwise there is nothing that stands out on the Yeti as being a known fault that you need to look out for.

For running in your new car follow the advice from Honest John from the Daily Telegraph,
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/running-in-a-diesel/

I did this and as well as loosening the engine up it also beds in all the seals and rings meaning that you don't use any oil. People who drove very gently, the old fashioned way of running the car in, seemed to use quite a bit of oil whilst those who pushed it through the gears, not over the speed limit, did not. I followed it meticulously and my oil level did not drop a bit. You may have your own method but you did ask the question.

I bought the rubber boot mat from the dealer. It was a perfect fit, I don't have a spare by the way as that may make a difference, it is very good quality and it saves the carpet in the boot from getting trashed. £25 well spent.

I have had my Yeti for nearly a year and a half now and I have been very pleased with it. It is a joy to own and drive and I genuinely have no complaints with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for such an informative reply. Altering the key fob sounds like a great idea, i think that would annoy me slightly as well after a while!

I'll have a look at the Honest John article this evening, i'm not the most knowledgable on issues like this so this will bea great help.

I'm getting rather exited about the delivery date now (two delivery dates actusllyas my mrs is expecting out baby about the same time, hopefully not the same day!)

thanks again

·
Registered
77 Posts
Blimey, so you may have the decision, collect the car or the new baby? Have you advised your wife that she will have to wait?

In the real world......I was at the birth for both of my kids and I would definitely recommend it, great moments.

The running in issue was news to me as well which is why the article is quite useful. I don't expect the car to blow up if you don't follow it exactly but it seems to help.

Another one for you, I'm sure you will pick this up when you get your Yeti but the best way of getting the maximum out of the boot is to go vertically rather than flat as per normal boots. On holiday for example stand your cases upright rather than lying them flat. I often run with the parcel shelf off as well to get more in. Once you get your head around that you discover the boot is huge, and you will need it for all your baby gear.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats a great tip, i'm sure the boot capacity is set to be tested to the limit in the coming months!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the wait is almost over! picking up my shiny new Yeti from the dealers tomorrow afternoon, i may not be able to sleep tonight!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Smenks: Congratulations on delivery of your vehicle. I know you have mentioned it is a Greenline SE, but what size engine, colour, 'toys' etc do you have?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks andyspan, I've had it less than 4 hours and am totally in love with it already, although one complaint I would have is the most ridiculous horn sound I've ever heard!, it surprises me every time I press it!

Hi rufus98, it's the 1.6 tdi in corrida red, fairly standard toys really, I did select reverse parking sensor as the other half has a habit of not concentrating when going backwards! I really do love it so far, definitely a happy customer!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Smenks said:
Hi rufus98, it's the 1.6 tdi in corrida red, fairly standard toys really, I did select reverse parking sensor as the other half has a habit of not concentrating when going backwards! I really do love it so far, definitely a happy customer!
I don't want to be dim here, but I thought the rear parking sensors were standard on all SE spec Yeti?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts