Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've ordered a new Yeti (clearly sane so far). It's the 1.2 DSG Elegance 'city' version. It comes with the Anapurna alloy wheels as standard, or Matterhorn option (not keen) but on the outdoor version you can get the Origami wheels, which I REALLY like.

I've been told by my dealer that they couldn't order my chosen vehicle with my preferred wheels because the models are different and 'the computer said no'!!! I'm now tempted to try and find another buyer purchasing the outdoor elegance with Anapurna alloys to consider ordering the Origami wheels and then swap with me (cue the crazy).

I know this seems highly unlikely to succeed but I'm not sure what else (if anything) I could do without incurring huge expense for buying new wheels and selling mine, likely at a big net loss. Any other thoughts or suggestions, aside from seeking professional help?
Edited by: TunaSan

·
Registered
83 Posts
hmm not sure of how it is in your area but over here if you pay for it you can get it...

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Have you considered after-market rims? You may find something similar there that will catch your eye.

·
Registered
471 Posts
TunaSan said:
So I've ordered a new Yeti (clearly sane so far). It's the 1.2 DSG Elegance 'city' version. It comes with the Anapurna alloy wheels as standard, or Matterhorn option (not keen) but on the outdoor version you can get the Origami wheels, which I REALLY like.

I know this seems highly unlikely to succeed but I'm not sure what else (if anything) I could do without incurring huge expense for buying new wheels and selling mine, likely at a big net loss. Any other thoughts or suggestions, aside from seeking professional help?
If you are that keen on the Origami wheels, would you not reconsider the Outdoor version?
I gather that most other Yet-ist have ordered Outdoor versions so yours will be unusual. (not a bad thing!)

You don't say where you are based but if in the UK, I would try a last ditch call to SUK.
Very best of luck.

·
Registered
730 Posts
JOOKS said:
TunaSan said:

If you are that keen on the Origami wheels, would you not reconsider the Outdoor version?
I gather that most other Yet-ist have ordered Outdoor versions so yours will be unusual. (not a bad thing!)

You don't say where you are based but if in the UK, I would try a last ditch call to SUK.
Very best of luck.

Hi Tuna San, welcome to the madhouse. I agree. I would contact SUK. Money talks (in my case it always says Goodbye) Tell them that you prefer the Yeti, but that you may just by a Cash Key unless they change the wheels.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input all. My dealer may be willing to help by ordering a stock car with the Origami wheels to swap with mine, however the jury is still out and I await a response from them.

JOOKS, if I'm successful my city Yeti with Origami wheels will be VERY unusual

Plbxr, I prefer Skoda OEM rims. If necessary I'll live with the Anapurna.

CAF, on the outdoor the Origami is a free option.

Thanks Paul. Already placed the order but the wheels have been a niggle so seeing what can be done.

The car will mainly be for my wife and son, so city spec is preferred. It will be mine at weekends though!
Edited by: TunaSan

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Ever thought about buying a second Yeti for yourself?
Just a thought.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
730 Posts
The car will mainly be for my wife and son, so city spec is preferred. It will be mine at weekends though!
[/QUOTE]

You should be so lucky, just wait until your wife & son get a load of the Yeti - then it's gone gone gonnnne

1 - 12 of 12 Posts