Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their Amundsen 2 Infotainment system with another integrated system?
Either by choice or by necessity.
It was standard equipment on my 2016 L&K.

Has anyone installed the Kenwood system that was offered as a Skoda Accessory per 2016 brochure
and advertised subsequently in dealerships?

Must have satnav (plus linking with maxi dot), dab/fm, music player, phone connectivity, compatible with parking sensors....so not a big ask!

·
Administrator
5,031 Posts
There was a member (Hooky) with the Kenwood for sale as he had it installed on an earlier yeti but then had replaced it with an L&K so not needed. Gave it a good reports and implied straight swap. Another member was offered one to resolve a Bolero problem but general consensus was it is a very expensive route (c£1200) to solve a failed head unit problem.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Snowgood.
My system needs replacing. Luckily, its failure has been accepted as a warranty claim.
Unluckily, there is not a single Amundsen 2 unit anywhere in Europe and I am advised by my dealer and by Skoda UK
that there is little chance of the original manufacturer producing any in the future.
I am politely waiting for Skoda UK to come up with a proposal but forced into doing a bit of homework myself.
I would have thought that there would be a solution somewhere within VAG, like something that went into a 2016 Golf or similar.
(In fairness, my dealer and Skoda UK have been sympathetic and we are in regular 3way contact but I feel that it will be down to me to come up with a solution first)

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
In that case the Kenwood sounds like a good option.

·
Administrator
5,031 Posts
I agree with Urrell assuming Skoda are providing it FOC.
Worrying though for those of us with Amundsen II and out of warranty that no replacements are available anywhere in the VAG network.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts