Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Yeti SCR Business
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Amundsen 2 in my 2016 Yeti CR Business that has developed an annoying issue as follows concerning the left hand bottom corner of the screen
  • In radio mode I can touch the screen to change DAB to FM etc
  • In Nav mode the new destination is tempremental on screen and doesn't always do its job
  • in media mode the back a track option does nothing
all these use the same screen area, has any one else come across this and maybe found a solution or is this something I've just got to learn to live with?

·
Administrator
5,792 Posts
Screen issues has come up increasingly more frequent over recent months but there seems to be no common resolution. Some have tried a reset, others reset by removing head unit fuses for a few minutes and one member is replacing the screen digitiser, but don't think has it yet to report if it made any difference.

·
Registered
2016 1.4 L&K
11 Posts
I had similar issues with my Amundsen. I 'seem' to have resolved mine by pressing and holding the LH rotary knob until the screen clears and then reloads. Some kind of re boot. Had to repeat over a few weeks but has been fine for a couple of months now. Good luck.

·
Registered
2016 Yeti SCR Business
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had similar issues with my Amundsen. I 'seem' to have resolved mine by pressing and holding the LH rotary knob until the screen clears and then reloads. Some kind of re boot. Had to repeat over a few weeks but has been fine for a couple of months now. Good luck.
I tried that with no success, problem seems to be increasing as I'm now unable to press 1 in the phone dialer

·
Registered
Yeti 2017 2.0TDi 4x4 L&K DSG
571 Posts
I tried that with no success, problem seems to be increasing as I'm now unable to press 1 in the phone dialer
Give these a call.

·
Registered
2016 Yeti SCR Business
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Give these a call.

thanks for the suggestion but being 120+ miles away, not a practical solution for me

·
Registered
Yeti 2017 2.0TDi 4x4 L&K DSG
571 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Yeti SCR Business
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can send mail order for repair.
Can't say I'm keen on a gaping hole in the dash whilst it's away so may be not

My Amundsen II is showing similar and progressively worse symptoms. I can't select a new destination in Nav without using voice commands and even then, entering a post code is fun, none of the left hand buttons work in the phone dialer and changing from DAB to FM is a no go.
The problem is slowly spreading across the screen, see what other losses I get as winter sets in.

I have read multiple posts on here and in the rival Briskoda pages and guess unless you want to pay extortionate Skoda prices or take a chance on a used unit from ebay (potentially with same problem), you either put up with the issues or buy a non oem unit. I've been nosing around ebay trying to find a compatible unit to buy with little luck (or I'm not trying hard enough )

Maybe the admins could help members compile a list of direct replacement units from the mainstream companies such as alpine, kenwood etc and for the brave, the Chinese specials to go in the yetipedia

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
5,799 Posts
Use of the search facility on here should find you several threads on replacement units available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts