Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
Just picked up my Yeti today and trying to set up Sat Nav etc and the left hand side of the screen won’t allow you to activate anything by touch the middle and the right is fine can anyone please advise or where this can be repaired

thanks in Advance
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle registration plate Plant

·
Registered
822 Posts
Increasing instances here (and on the Darkside) of screen issues with Amundsen2 units.
Repair costs vary according to the root cause. I think there is an independent chap that members have used who replaces screens for about £150???
(Skoda replaced my entire unit under 5 year warranty. Dealers warranty invoice to Skoda UK was £1070 with FOC labour donation)
Search YOC for Amundsen2 screen problems for other members' problems and solution costs.

If you just picked up your Yeti today, first port of call is back where you bought it, for the seller to fix under Consumer Rights Act 2015.

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
6,107 Posts
Except if he bought it privately!

·
Administrator
17,158 Posts

·
Registered
Yeti 2017 2.0TDi 4x4 L&K DSG
852 Posts
As others have said it's going to need a replacement screen but if you have bought from a trader it's their responsibility to have it repaired.

If not SatNav systems are the way to go and they will enable smartlink at the same time if you would like Android Auto / Apple Carplay.

Reactions: macmusic

·
Registered
822 Posts
This was posted 10 Feb by djpeng on Briskoda. It was in a topic 2016 L&K Yeti touchscreen (Admunsen?) issue

Excellent service and good communication.

I sent the head unit last Friday (04/02) by Parcelforce 48, it was delivered to my man in the West Midlands on Tuesday (08/02) and it has just been delivered back to me this morning (10/02) by UPS.

Not fitted the unit yet but it has been fully tested prior to despatch and Satnav maps have been updated to 2022.

The replacement touchscreen has 36 month warranty so all good for £250.00 including return P&P.

Contact details: Anthony Smith (Ant) on 07979 723977

A good find methinks.

Might be worth a call?
You would need to remove/reinstall the head unit but there is help with this either somewhere here on YOC or on Briskoda. No doubt someone can give you the necessary prompt.

Reactions: Whisky66

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This was posted 10 Feb by djpeng on Briskoda. It was in a topic 2016 L&K Yeti touchscreen (Admunsen?) issue

Excellent service and good communication.

I sent the head unit last Friday (04/02) by Parcelforce 48, it was delivered to my man in the West Midlands on Tuesday (08/02) and it has just been delivered back to me this morning (10/02) by UPS.

Not fitted the unit yet but it has been fully tested prior to despatch and Satnav maps have been updated to 2022.

The replacement touchscreen has 36 month warranty so all good for £250.00 including return P&P.

Contact details: Anthony Smith (Ant) on 07979 723977

A good find methinks.

Might be worth a call?
You would need to remove/reinstall the head unit but there is help with this either somewhere here on YOC or on Briskoda. No doubt someone can give you the necessary prompt.
Thank you im
Contacting the Garage today to get them first of all to fix it
Appreciate your reply

thanks
Stewart

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you bought privately and are stuck with organising your own repairs here is a link to a company that carries out repairs.

Thank you
Im
Going to contact the garage today and get them to sort it first if not then il look at these options
Thanks for your help
regards

Stewart

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you bought privately and are stuck with organising your own repairs here is a link to a company that carries out repairs.

Thanks for the information
Very much appreciated
After I’ve spoken to the garage I bought it from
If no joy il definitely use this service

kind Regards

stewar

·
Administrator
6,153 Posts
If you can't get things sorted out with the supplying garage and do use the service suggested in Bexhillian's post then we'd appreciate it if you would come back and report how well they did. It seems to have become a more common issue and recommendations on sources of repair, as opposed to a full unit replacement, are always useful to the forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you can't get things sorted out with the supplying garage and do use the service suggested in Bexhillian's post then we'd appreciate it if you would come back and report how well they did. It seems to have become a more common issue and recommendations on sources of repair, as opposed to a full unit replacement, are always useful to the forum.
Hi Snowgood
I will indeed I have been in touch with dealership this morning and Chris the salesman was very apologetic and has said they will look to get this sorted as they don’t want bad publicity.
Thank you again for your support this owners club has been absolutely invaluable since I’ve joined and the members with their advice and support has been second to none

thank you
Stewart

1 - 13 of 13 Posts