Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a disaster and matrimonial strife after I set up a tour that went wrong, can anyone answer the following questions regarding 'Tours':
  • Creating a Tour - page 59 of the Amundsen manual states that you can create a tour with 'occurs no guidance' or with 'starts a route guidance'. Both methods are similar. Which one to use? They both end with 'the route guidance can be started by pressing the function key D
  • How does the Amundsen know when you have reached a intermediate destination and you want it to route you to the next destination on the route? I ask because mine announces 'you have reached your destination' but does not then navigate me to the next destination.
thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2017 Outdoor SEL TDi150 4x4 Manual
8,128 Posts
Is the answer not “Use Google maps”?

Reactions: Ruari

·
Registered
822 Posts
In the early days, our Amundsen2 SatNav was a ready substitute for turning up the heating controls. SWMBO preferred random button pressing to reading the manual.
However, the main driver took time to master the basics but to ignore the fancier/more fiddly options and we have subsequently driven happily all over Europe.
Back to your issue. We abandoned 'Tour'.
Say our journey was from A to E, deviating slightly to visit B, C and D.
Before we start from A, we set each of B, C and D as a 'New Destination' and it is stored on 'My Destinations'.
When we reach B, we select the stored destination C, and the SatNav takes over, recognising that we are now in fact en route between A and C.
And so on....

Reactions: Davy

·
Registered
Yeti 2017 2.0TDi 4x4 L&K DSG
852 Posts
Is the answer not “Use Google maps”?
Unfortunately yes.

On my past few Skoda's I've had either Amundsen or Columbus NAV.

Gave up and use Google Maps. Routing and traffic far superior.

Smartlink is worth every penny.

Reactions: Davy and Flintstone

·
Registered
852 Posts
Only if your phone is running a compatible OS.
I have an Iphone 6 running 12.5, both google maps and waze require 13 or higher. So that was £100 well spent, not.
An 8 year old phone, perhaps not then. ;):D

Go on treat yourself to a new one. :oops:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Further to my #3, my continued use of the Amundsen2's own maps system is a consequence of not having a mobile phone - not even an eight year old one!
One day my ship will come in.....but Amundsen will probably have directed me to the airport.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Further to my #3, my continued use of the Amundsen2's own maps system is a consequence of not having a mobile phone - not even an eight year old one!
One day my ship will come in.....but Amundsen will probably have directed me to the airport.
How does one live one's life without a smartphone?

Tongue in cheek but seriously they are that ingrained into work and family life I'd struggle now without one.

Even my 82 year old Mother does group chats, video calls and social media. She learnt all that during COVID on a £100 cheapo Android phone. Now has a more expensive Samsung

·
Registered
822 Posts
Reactions: SnowGood

·
Registered
852 Posts
Slowly, peacefully, head up,
I remember those days.

I'm an engineer, in those days I'd pull a drawing out of a filing cabinet and go and fix something. No one could contact me until I got back to the office.
Now I do the same job sitting at my desk with four 32" monitors and a stream of emails coming in 24 hours a day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts