Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help as the brochures are not that clear.What are the maindifferences between the Amundsun Satnav and the Columbus Satnav.
Seems a big upgrade price.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
The screen size is probably the biggest difference, along with added features such as voice control on the Columbus.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks plbxr for the info. That certaimly fills in some of thegaps.It seems strange that SUK give such little info on this expensive bit of kit. Unless I have missed it in the brochure somewhere.
Anyfurther detail would still be welcome.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Have you looked on the Internet for the user guides - they may shine some light on the subject for you...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After your suggestion Disco I had a look on-line but for some reason my PC would not down load the PDF files - it usually does. I will keep trying.My dog Molly not well at the moment so priorities have changed for the moment. She is one of the very few things even more important that YETI discussions!

·
Registered
25 Posts
plbxr said:
The screen size is probably the biggest difference, along with added features such as voice control on the Columbus.
I'm still awaiting my Yeti SE Plus and I've been reliably informed that the Amundsen+ comes with Bluetooth, 7 digit postcode navigation, plus it has an SD card slot and a media connector on the unit (the latter looks like a 3.5mm socket, which you would connect an Mp3/Ipod to). It does have voice control (to voice dial calls at least-not sure about operating the sat nav), much like the Columbus. The biggest differences that I can tell between the two units are that the Columbus has a built in hard drive that you can store stuff on and it has a much larger screen, which is also higher resolution than the Amundsen's. My trawling has also gleened that a few people believe that the Columbus (and also the cheaper Bolero) unit has better sound quality than the Amundsen, although this is probably debatable.

·
Registered
786 Posts
fastestlouigie, you are correctly informed on every count about the Amundsen+. It's only the phone bit that has voice control but it works really well. The sound is very good out of the Amundsen+ and I do find the DAB radio is clearer than standard FM reception. Radio 2 has never sounded so good...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks as usual for your detailed & helpful info provided.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts