Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until today, my Amunsden2 unit has performed faultlessly.
However, today the satnav image continually increases and then decreases. The audio will not hold a track, jumping at random to another and the radio (on both DAB and FM) refuses to recognise any of my preset stations and jumps at random between various other stations.

I have been following a similar issue on the darkside.

A visit to the dealer tomorrow for another 'fix it under warranty, please' discussion.

·
Administrator
14,216 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a minute? My Bolero had a wobbly several years ago and disconnecting then reconnecting made it go through a POST which fixed it, Free of charge it is doesn't work all it cost was a few minutes of your time.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try tomorrow morning.
However, be gentle with me, this is my first time.
When you say disconnect the battery, do I simply take off one (or both) of the leads (if both, in which order) ?
If I inadvertently touch the wrong thing, will my fillings sparkle? Sorry to be such a dummy.

·
Administrator
14,216 Posts
With the ignition off and the key removed, disconnect the negative lead from the battery for a minute, it is easier than finding the correct fuse. When you reconnect the lead the electronics will go through a Power On Self Test (POST) just as a computer does. The radio code is stored in the ecu, you will need to reset the clock, and there may be some warning lights that come on, but will go out after a few yards. It cured my Bolero by resetting it, if it does not work with yours it will only have cost a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Best of luck Bexhillian, and we'd all be interested in the outcome, before Yeti is wheeled to dealer.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was in a taxi for quite a bit of yesterday, their Satnav was behaving in a very curious manner, we went up the road a mile, came back to a junction, spent some time a long way from a road...
When I got home my Android phone did a complete upgrade...

I am not suggesting this accounts for your radio problems, but there was some kerfuffle going on, on the ether waves.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I was in a taxi for quite a bit of yesterday, their Satnav was behaving in a very curious manner, we went up the road a mile, came back to a junction, spent some time a long way from a road...
When I got home my Android phone did a complete upgrade...

I am not suggesting this accounts for your radio problems, but there was some kerfuffle going on, on the ether waves.
Farmer John, can I ask what part of the country you were in when this was going on, as I might have an answer for you?

·
Registered
362 Posts
The reason I ask is that there were GNSS (GPS) jamming trials going on in Wales and SW England between 14 and 28 August and currently (8 September - 4 December) in the Galloway area in Scotland.

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
Interesting!
I was out in the Hafren Forest yesterday afternoon doing some surveys and normally use Viewranger on my phone, and that normally tracks me around quite accurately, but yesterday it wouldn't do that. Ended up having to use my little Garmin Etrex to get grid references and a good old paper map.

Reactions: Flintstone

·
Registered
362 Posts
Interesting!
I was out in the Hafren Forest yesterday afternoon doing some surveys and normally use Viewranger on my phone, and that normally tracks me around quite accurately, but yesterday it wouldn't do that. Ended up having to use my little Garmin Etrex to get grid references and a good old paper map.
That is interesting too. Your Viewranger app will be using the same signals to locate you on the pre-loaded maps as your eTrex will use to generate the grid references. Isn’t it odd that one should be working and not the other? Like you, I always carry OS maps when out in the wilds. Definitely the wisest option!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Interesting, I wonder if the jamming trials are spreading wider than publicised?

·
Administrator
4,884 Posts
Even more interesting is why someone is trialling jamming GPS signals?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Who do you think is behind it: Trump, Putin or Boris/Cummings?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Don't worry, nothing sinister. Finding ways of stopping nasty drones or in the worst case incoming missisles

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Who do you think is behind it: Trump, Putin or Boris/Cummings?
None of the above - if it was Leeds it will be the Huawei 5G network jammed full of Covid-19 virus of course! :eek: :D

Reactions: Trilux

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you for your guidance Mr Hood.
Called into dealership this a.m.
Advised that I do nothing (like switch it off and the switch it on again!) until they look at it next week.
Will follow advice in case my (mild) interference invalidates any subsequent warranty claim.
Incidentally, the music selection via SD Card is back stabilised but radio and satnav remain stubbornly doing their own thing and ignoring my cursing and caressing.
Will report further next week.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts