Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing to do with my previous post regarding a slow 1st gear knocking but this little "Rattle" is very annoying so any help in locating it is much appreciated.
Noise appears regularly when driving over road bumps etc, even when driving over the hump at the start of my driveway. My thinks she has pinpointed it to the area around the "passenger side central door pillar". We have ruled out the obvious things like seat metal tonges catching on plastic trim and I have lubed the door seals but it is still there, This noise did seem to appear when the weather recently became colder.

Any suggestions appreciated, Thanks.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We now think that we have solved the problem courtesy of some kind person who has posted pics of the culprit area on this forum (I came across the post via a google search). The posted pic shows electrical tape wrapped around the Passenger side door catch (the part attached to the door pillar) I copied this and hey presto, no more rattle.

Thanks to the person concerned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Mike,

This is my issue. Please can you help?

I've had my Greenline for about 14 months now.
After a month or so, a little soft rattle began which is now a very big rattle. It takes an uneven road to trigger it, but also sometime at idle it resonates too.
It's around the passenger door (front) somewhere but where?

It sounds external but is a devil to find. It sometimes migrates to the glove box area too.
If I have a front-seat passenger, invariably it stops.

Can anyone assist (I've read about the tape around the door catch, but cannot see how a latch could be that loose)?

I've also read about wires within door cavities?

Thanks

·
Administrator
14,594 Posts
Some members have had problems with objects (coins) that were left in the door pocket passing through a join in the pocket into the door and rattling.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I notice that if I leave the ice scraper in the door pocket, the bass from the speaker causes it to rattle. So far (touch wood) all of my rattles have been caused by foreign objects that I have been able to remove...

Good luck, rattles are so VERY annoying

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your Noise (Shake and Rattle) sounds like a different one to the one I had which as I said above was finally traced to the Rear Passenger side door catch. It is indeed very annoying and most times a right bugger to locate and cure. My latest unwanted noise seems to be coming from the Driver's seat and is driving me mad. Although the car is still under warranty I dread taking it in to the dealers as unwanted rattles, creaks and groans do have a habit of hiding when dealers become involved !!.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was getting an annoying rattle coming from the rear of the car, turns out it was the rear passenger seat belts rattling against the trim. There is a indent and slot on the trim that the tang slots in to and hey presto......no more rattle.
Oh and, Happy New Year everyone!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had a squeak/rattle coming from the back of the car which I couldn't trace but found if I had the rear nearside seat down it disappeared. Put the seat up and it reappeared. I mentioned it at the last service and the garage lubricated the seat mechanism and the noise disappeared.

Keith

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you have the sun roof it is a common source of strange rattles. Mine has been rebuilt (under warranty). Currently chasing a squeak from rear passenger side. I think seats - dealer thinks sunroof but as I now have a leak - front n/s A pillar - guess the drain tube the sun roof will be getting more attention.

·
Registered
54 Posts
For some time my SE Plus has had a rattle/squeak behind the air vents on the front passenger side, just below the tax disc. It only occurs when the car is cold and gradually disappears as the car warms up however on these cold mornings this can take half an hour or so. I'm inclined to think it is related to the vents and ducts etc. but by the time I get to the dealer it's stopped.
Any ideas anyone?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts