Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Yeti 4X4 2ltr 140 diesel DSG
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, have an annoyance that my usually very good independent garage cannot seem to solve. Have had the Yeti since 2020 and had 9600 miles on it when I bought it. Really like the vehicle and it does everything I want it to do. Only problem was the wheel sensor causing lights on dash which was cured by new sensor and bearing. For the last couple of months or so I have been annoyed by a ticking/tapping noice which appears to be from the rear of the vehicle. I think it`s related to the drive mechanism or wheels as it gets faster as you speed up and you can hear ii slowing down as the vehicle decelerates. My garage has been through the vehicle more than once to find the cause but they are stumped. Any ideas please

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
7,553 Posts
Reactions: Robjon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for reply, will get garage to have a good look again when it goes in for mot next week. It does not seem to affect performance and there is no real feel of any vibration which I had years ago on a propshaft joint on an old volvo 144

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Something simple perhaps - such as a stone stuck in a tyre tread?

Reactions: Robjon

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi
I agree with Urrell in post no.2, last 2 yetis we have had I had to get this done. Seems and wear and tear item. Expensive but the cars have runbetter since.

·
Administrator
17,158 Posts
This is the part they are talking about, not a difficult job to do, make sure you support the shaft and don't put any strain on the centre bearing. A Skoda part will cost over £400, an identical one from an ebay seller will be around £140. Best to get the part number from a Skoda dealer as the one on mine was different to what it should have been. The one I bought from eBay was made by the same manufacturer and was only missing the oem part number and VAG markings.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hubcap Motor vehicle

·
Administrator
17,158 Posts
The one I bought was from Murrays Direct and was fine, they were very helpful and the part I got was from the same manufacturer Skoda get them from. There are a lot of different ones in use and the one for mine was not the assumed part using an on-line catalogue, best to call a Skoda parts department give them your VIN and when they tell you the price cough and splutter say you like someone with a sense of humour and ask for the part number.

Below are two screen shots and an eBay link, plus a link to where you can hire a ramp by the hour (depends on where you live).

Make sure this really is what you need as it is not cheap and there could be several other causes.

This is the one that I bought but like everything else the price has increased and your may be a different part number

Font Auto part Circle Machine Automotive lighting

The link below will give you some idea of how many there are

1k0521307a: Search Result | eBay

These are the people that I dealt with

Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

If you need a ramp depending on where you are I have used this place.

Home - This is Your Garage : This is Your Garage

·
Premium Member
2017 Outdoor SEL TDi150 4x4 Manual
8,128 Posts
Febi make a mass of OEM parts for all sorts of European car assemblers. Not only Skoda or VAG in general. My BMWs have all had a heap of Febi components. They have manufacturing plants all over Eastern Europe now. Don’t know of any in UK though? (Ref. Lionel’s question). Buying Febi through the aftermarket motor factor networks means you are getting OE parts. Which you know are genuine when you find the car assembly maker’s logo and part number filed off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone, there`s a bit to go at there. The one thing we can rule out is stone in tyre, they have really been gone through with no trace. i`ll get my chaps to check re brakes but the haldex coupler could be the possible cause as the noise is definitely related to rotation getting faster and then slower.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts