Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
14,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back to the long term car park (Airparks) at Gatwick this morning, cars as far as the eye could see but spotted mine before I got off the bus. It was the only Yeti in the entire car park. The attendant also said he had not seen one before! So if you want a car that's easy to find, buy a Yeti!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
DRIVERS DONT NO WHAT THERE ARE MISSING WHENIT COMES TO A GREAT ALL ROUND DRIVE THE YETI IS THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER DRIVEN,I HAVE HAD SAAB,MERC,VW,AND OTHERS BUT NONE COME CLOSE.MY CAR IS IN THE FORUM SO TAKE A LOOK,1.8 TSI ELEGANCE, BLACK, SUNROOF SILVER WING MIRRORS,SILVER RAILS,SILVER SILLS,ANNAPURNA ALLOYS,ITS A HEAD TURNER ALRIGHT.AS FOR THE SKODA BADGE JUST LOOK AT THE REVIEWS,NONE SEEM TO HAVE A BAD THING TO SAY ABOUT SKODA.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Something always comes along to throw a spanner in the works

·
Administrator
14,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who cares about badges, I had a Nissan Prairie 180000 miles from new never let me down, then a Mazda Premacy 152000 miles from new that never let me down either. Hopefully the Yeti will equal them.

A good start so far, I have read stories of oil consumption with new engines, so far I have done 1960 in two months without using a drop. Also just done Berkshire to Gatwick and back 58.4 mpg going, and 57.3 mpg coming back. 1960 miles 49 mpg overall. Not bad at all for a 2 ltr engine.

·
Registered
290 Posts
kilsajj said:
great photo but whats under the snow ,is it a YETI
I couldn't tell, but the weather was abominable

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The Hood said:
Got back to the long term car park (Airparks) at Gatwick this morning, cars as far as the eye could see but spotted mine before I got off the bus. It was the only Yeti in the entire car park. The attendant also said he had not seen one before! So if you want a car that's easy to find, buy a Yeti!!

thats where I parked mine last October and it was the only one in the car park then
, so easy to find.

After 8k mine has used no oil at all and its still a pleasure to drive when I can get itback from SWMBO

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The Hood said:
Nice new Avatar, Tech Yeti has changed as well.

I have been trying to change it for weeks with no luck, but today bingo it changed no problem

·
Registered
102 Posts
So far so good - loving the Yeti (White Urban). Only Yeti in my local town I have spotted so far. I too have owned them all - from Range Rovers to Subaru Impreza Turbos and everything inbetween. Darn thing is so **** perfect for all my requirements. The attention to detail and the quality of the fit an finish is pure VW/Audi (enough said). Only had it for just 10 days, and been covered up most of the time because of the awful weather (using the wife's car instead). Anyway, looking forward to many happy driving hours in my new best mate.

·
Administrator
14,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you are keeping a tough go anywhere (almost) car like a Yeti covered up due bad weather, what on earth does your wife own? (If it's a chieften tank can I have a go?)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Answer - Toyota Aygo (garaged). I am always a bit stupid with a new car - won't last I can assure you, but just wanted to keep it showroom clean as long as I could during the summer (joke).

·
Administrator
14,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah, as used to play football on top gear. Shame I was really hoping it was a tank,

I will have to start working on SWMBO to get me a go in one for christmas.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The Hood said:
Ah, as used to play football on top gear. Shame I was really hoping it was a tank,

I will have to start working on SWMBO to get me a go in one for christmas.

Had the tank driving expereance for my birthday a few years ago

Had a drive of a chieftain, armed personnel Carrier, and one other can't recall the last one, the chieftain had a gear change like a motorbike and two very small hand brake levers for the steering, went like sh-t off a shovel
and you don't drop the revs to change gear foot to the floor and push it through the box never did find top gear

Do it its brilliant

·
Administrator
14,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds good where was it?
The motorbike gearchange will bring back memories, I used to own a Triumph Bonneville (£396 brand new).
On a birthday several years ago Iflew a glider at High Wycombe. REALLY good, you fly by the sound of the wind, and turn literally standing on a wing tip.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The Hood said:
Sounds good where was it?

The motorbike gearchange will bring back memories, I used to own a Triumph Bonneville (£396 brand new).

On a birthday several years ago Iflew a glider at High Wycombe. REALLY good, you fly by the sound of the wind, and turn literally standing on a wing tip.
It was around the Winchester area, few years ago so getting old the memory's failing a bit now can't remember the name of the place but it was a large outfit doing tank days also dump truck and 360 driving experience days, all on farm land,

It was a wet the day before so it made the chalky soil nice and slippery managed to put the personnel carrier sideways on one corner all good fun

·
Administrator
14,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Yeti impressed again today, went to Gray's Court (Nat Trust). We weredirected up a very muddy slope to a parking space, no problem at all for the Yeti no slipping or sliding, then the next car an Xtrail spun it's wheels, made lots of noiseand only just made it. The Yeti really is such a pleasure to drive.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not many yeti up here in the north east,done 10k miles in it and have not had to put a drop of oil in the engine so far, fuel consumption is not to bad for my 170 tdi at the moment

·
Registered
788 Posts
The boot door makes an excellent umbrella when it's raining. We had a day at Tintagel in Cornwall recently and it was bucketing down. We had the boot door open and manged to get changed into waterproofs and boots AND remain dry. We were lucky with the direction of the rain but it's great to be able to stand up under the boot door!

Just take care when you close the door as the number plate recess fills with water!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts