Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone and thanks for the very useful information that I have been reading before ordering my new Yeti.

Ordered on 17th Jan and I have a build date of week 10. I understand that the dealer changed the spec of one already in the system, so hopefully it shouldn't be a long wait? I have ordered the following spec:

Yeti 4 x 4 Outdoor 2.0TDI 170
Moon white metallic with black leather
Spare wheel
Parking assist
Tow Bar

Can't wait, it's always nice getting a new motor.

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sye. Nice choice of car so feel free to post us some photos when it arrives. Meantime any queries come along and ask, there is a friendly bunch on here always willing to help and throw in a bit of humour.

·
Administrator
14,898 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you say your dealer is changing the spec of one already ordered, mine did that, are you by any chance getting yours from Rainworth?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Hood said:
Welcome to the forum, you say your dealer is changing the spec of one already ordered, mine did that, are you by any chance getting yours from Rainworth?[/QUOTE

No, I'm getting mine from Mitchell Skoda on the Wirral. Never bought a car from the Mitchell Group before but they seem fine so far.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Welcome Sye. The colour scheme "Moon white metallic with black leather" sounds interesting.
+1 for some photos when it arrives.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome Sye - pull up a chair! Oddly enough yours is almost exactly the model I was planning on ordering. And then the dealer happened to mention a different coloured Yeti, a couple of months old, which had just been returned after doing little over 1,000 miles; the money saved was obviously quite considerable, so I drove it away almost immediately and decided instead my NEXT car would be the car of my dreams. Looking forward very much to seeing photos of yours though!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Sye, hi from hettie (the Yeti) and me. Enjoy your new car!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just been told that the build has been brough forward from week 10 to week 8.

Nothing to say it won't move the other way at a later date though?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Hood said:
Ask your dealer if it is status 20 yet, if it is start counting the pennies!
Nope, still 10, that's why i think it may move again but which way?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Should be locked this time next week
, it's usually 2 weeks before build that it's locked and no changes can take place.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi sye,

Mines a week 8 build. We can compare notes as to who gets it first. Bet it's you

·
Registered
471 Posts
Sye said:
The Hood said:
Ask your dealer if it is status 20 yet, if it is start counting the pennies!
Nope, still 10, that's why i think it may move again but which way?
I would recon that it may well stay where it is. Not 100% but a good chance at this close, unless a certain component becomes unavailable.(don't know of any at present on Yetis)
As Hood says better start pulling your cash out from under the mattress - just in case. It could reach you sooner than you think! Your new baby just could be in th UK by 22nd Feb!
Mine wasmoved forward 5weeks toweek 4 build EG starting 20.01.14 & it was built,moved by rail to Emden, over the water & unloaded at Grimsby on 25.01.14!

It's all part of the fun of Yeti buying!
Fingers crossed for you.

Edited by: JOOKS

·
Registered
251 Posts
When are you likely to get it jooks?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Graham said:
When are you likely to get it jooks?
Not heard from the dealer as yet BUT I/we (it's supposed to be SWMBO car!) will wait with a great deal of difficult to 01.03.14!

I am itching to get my hands on it - the car not the dealer!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hi Jooks, welcome, you will buy your own in the end.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello, and welcome to this friendly, useful forum. I ordered my new Yeti at the end of November, and have a week 10 build forecast. You've done well to also get a week 10 build with such a recent order. Fingers crossed for both of us.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Updated today by the dealer. Now status 20 and week 8 build which is next week.

Not long now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone. First post so hope it is in the right area.We purchased our Yeti in June 2013. It is a 4x4 Tdi DSG, Platinum paint and grey interior. Windows tinted to legal tint on front and very dark on rear windows & hatch.
Specs say 103 kw & 320 Nm. Went well for first few months then added a Tuneit upgrade to 123kw & 370 Nm. Then went really well!! Love the 'grunt' off the mark with the additional power/torque.
Have done just over 10,000 km to date and love it better than ever.
No problems so far. Just seems to get better the more we drive it.
Most trips are into town, around the city and back home approx 50 - 60 km. Average fuel consumption
is about 7l/100 (40 mpg). With the extra power it isn't driven for economy, but very happy at the current rate.
On a side note, met Suzz in Wagga in January while travelling on vacation in our 76 Kombi van. We had stopped under a shady tree in town as it was well over 40 degrees (expected temp for the day was 42+) which is close to 110 F. We were having lunch on the raised footpath when a blue Yeti pulled in next to us. Conversation started with Suzz, lasting for about 20 enjoyable minutes.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts