Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I collectee my brand new Yeti on Tuesday and I love it!
I have the 2.0 litre SE 4x4 110 in Black.
Taking a bit of getting used to after my Honda Jazz but loving it so far.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Hello Nichola and welcome. Yes, the Yeti's are a fun vehicle that give a lot more than an ordinary road car. Enjoy!!!

Edited by: plbxr

·
Administrator
14,897 Posts
There was another, "Nortonbobcat", but I think she did not get on with her Yeti and returned it. There may be others, as with the names that are used it is difficult to tell. I expect you may be right about probably being the youngest, as the Yeti seems to attract the more "mature " driver. Probably due to being relatively new/expensive which could put it beyond the younger "modders" budget.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I just go for more sensible cars! I have had 2 Jazz's before my Yeti and they too are or were favoured by the 'older' driver. My reasons for going 4x4 are my parents now live on farm land down a private road and my jazz was not coping with that at all.
I must share what one of my husband's relatives said by mistake when telling someone what car I was getting, she called it a Skoda Yoda! Made me laugh and thought there was some mileage in that!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hazmat5765 said:
Welcome Nichola,
Enjoy your Yeti. Classy in black too,
thanks! Like I said elsewhere I would have loved a deep purple or a bright turquoise but not to be so a classy black was the only option for me after 2 silver cars.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Nichola said:
...she called it a Skoda Yoda! Made me laugh and thought there was some mileage in that!
That name will stick now...Nichola's Skoda Yoda

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
From the Name your Yeti post
JohnHB said:
Simple.

YODA

... as in Yoda Sketi. i did this as an accidental spoonerism and it's stuck.
Clearly a common error. Anyway Welcome and may the force be with you!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nortonbobcat lives! What you on about Hood,returned Yeti? Did not get on with it! Oh how those words wound me...
I LOVE LOVE my Yeti, if it was not too weird I would just live in it, I have been having lots of adventures. Today had 4 rescue cats in back in seperate cages. Ok one on the back seat as being lazy. Earlier this week one at a time I have had a washing machine in the back with seats forwards a small two seater sofa with back seats out and a G plan side board in on its side with back seats out.
Cannot rate the Hatchbag highly enough,its proved its worth already when Lady Gaga got in sopping wet after another "summer" walk.
Meanwhile I have being listening to Rudimentals track Feel the Love this week cos i loves my Yeti.
Been so busy not had time to keep you all up to date but will be more considerate in future.....s.x

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Nichola, You are not a lone female I am here too
Though I am much older than you at 48! I have also had a Honda Jazz in the past and i loved the big flat bootspace that gave me too.
Like you I use rural roads and tracks so really needed to get off the ground a bit what with the austerity and pothole situation in Essex its like driving on the moon even on the normal roads round here!
As I mention earlier in my other post I too love my Yeti and have only had it a few weeks now but I can highly recommend the Hatchbag liner if you want to keep your vehicle pristeen. I do cats, dogs and horses so my Yeti had one put in before it did any animal transport stuff. I also took a felled tree to the local dump (in chunks of course) and one bit was covered with red ants who also could not permeate the boot liner so that was a major result. I was able to just sweep them out with a dustpan and brush. Hope you love your car like we all do here, and I have to say there is no such thing as a silly question on this forum so if you have a worry or concern the folks here are only to happy to help you out.

·
Administrator
14,897 Posts
Oh dear I seem to have put my size twelve's in it, a natural talent in my case!! There was another female who had a Yeti and returned it shortly after taking possession.
48 is not a lot older, it's just beyond late teens!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah nice to see another lady around! It's my birthday tomorrow so this week has been a good one.
Loving it so far and it coped really well with their drive today! So different.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Nichola said:
Hello all. I collectee my brand new Yeti on Tuesday and I love it!
I have the 2.0 litre SE 4x4 110 in Black.
Taking a bit of getting used to after my Honda Jazz but loving it so far.

"SNAP"
same as mine. 110 SE 4x4 in black with a few toys added, I know you will love it

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The Hood said:
48 is not a lot older, it's just beyond late teens!

I think you will have to keep this up a bit more,
that has only just started getting your foot out

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We have mdi added but it didn't come with a cable so need t9 buy one. Grrrr. They didn't tell me that.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I wonder what it is that seems to make the yeti have an older person image? I'm in my 30's (just!) and I don't see any reason for 'young' people not liking them. They make an excellent family car, there's load of room in the cab and the boot, it's got great wipe clean surfaces and we just love it! I'd rather have our Yeti any day over a 'people carrier'!!

Maybe it's just the Skoda name that puts us youngsters off, but it's their loss!

·
Registered
213 Posts
It is an interesting observation discosteve and older people seem to be seen driving them, probably include myself in that. I think it is a vehicle whose form follows function, if you look at the Touaq and Q3 which are same family I guess they are more styled which seems to appeal to some. The Yeti has a very functional air to it, but if you have an active family or get out and about for out door sports i think it it is ultra capable. I am a farmers son and engineer so have a very strong affinity for function over style in things. 1day in just starting really appreciate mine, enjoy yours.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts