Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,I have just ordered a Yeti Elegance 1.2 DSG in Petrol Blue with Gobi Sand interior. I chose the Yeti because arthritis is making it difficult to access my present car, (MB A Class), my wife and I prefer a highish driving position, it seems good value for the money and I think it might be fun.

I've been told build/delivery could take three months (yuk!) although my dealer has said he will waive his partex offer if I want to sell it privately nearer the delivery date - which will help pass the time perhaps.

This is my third owners club. I've always found them useful and often entertaining.

Regards, P.

·
Administrator
4,429 Posts
Welcome Pericles, hope that the wait isn't as long as expected. Looks like you could have a new Face lifted version.

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
My wife rekons I should buy a face lift, trouble is I don't think she is talking about the car!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Snowgood,

Many thanks for welcome message. If a facelift job is a real possibility I would need to see the full spec. All dealer discussion, to date, has been with regard to the model available during 2013, that we all love and know. Thanks for 'heads up'.

Regards, Peri.

·
Administrator
4,429 Posts
I am not sure when the FL version will hit the UK, I thought I had read somewhere on this forum about build week 45? but I can't find that reference if I did. The officiallaunch of the new version is at the Frankfurt Motor show at the end of September so it may be worth asking your dealer what they know of model changeover dates. You'll find many people on this forum prefer the current "quirky" version anyway.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did mention the possibility of a replacement model to the dealer. He said that it might happen in 2014, although they hadn't been told much about it. As we like the present Yeti, I'm not really concerned about the new one, unless the spec was highly advantageous, of course. But I will make one or two enquiries just for interest sake.Peri.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Snowgood,

Well the facelift Yeti is certainly going to happen and the web has plenty to pore over. I could not find a definitive list of UK model changes or the planned date for implementation here, but the general style of the changes will appeal to some people.Peri.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I heard from my dealer recently that the Yeti will now be delivered a month earlier than previously notified - ie mid October.

Does anyone have experience of driving a Yeti 1.2 in strong winds?

Regards to all,Pericles.

·
Registered
471 Posts
As I am waiting to order a F/L model, I have contacted SUK and they are due to let me know when I can order. They said that they arenot aware of the date themselves but in about 2/3 weeks will let me know.
When I have any info including build week(if I have it)I willpost the info in full.
Edited by: JOOKS

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bad news.Heard that my Yeti will not now be ready until original late November date. We will see.....Pericles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Orderd my Yeti 3 weeks ago I was told by dealer because I wanted the L&K with the 170 dsg gear box it had to be a new build and the lead time was 12 to 14 weeks, I did think about the new F/L but I liked the look of the original Yeti plus I was told by the dealer there was any thing up to a 6 months wait if I wanted a L&K urban . At the moment I dive a Merc SLK so when I do take delivery of the Yeti it will be a bit different to say the least. When I went for a test drive in the Yeti I was hooked.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Folks,

Took delivery of new Yeti Elegance 1.2 DSG today and very pleased with the whole process and the car. Well worth waiting for! Car presentation was immaculate with every facility/system in perfect working order. Despite only 12 miles on clock (therefore stiffish engine) performance 0 - 40 mph adequate in any traffic situation. 40 - 60 mph quick enough and 60/70 there for amazingly quiet motorway cruising in Gear 7. As an 'automatic' newbie, I was able to drive some 25 miles, urban and motorway, without changing gear once!!! Heaven!
Obviously, you don't set out to overtake in less than very clear opposite direction traffic conditions on two way roads, but I'm very happy and pleasantly surprised with 1.2 DSG performance.

Must add a sincere 'Thank you' to Joe and Co. at SKODA FAINTREE GARAGE, TELFORD, for a job well done.

Pericles.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Welcome Pericles, Petrol Blue we like (don't forget to vote for this stunning colour in the poll) a lot!

Hope you will live up to your forum nom-de-plume!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts