·
Premium Member
Yeti S+ 2010 2.0TDi CR110 2WD Manual
7,039 Posts
Reactions: Dutchman

·
Premium Member
4,699 Posts
Triglav - the highest mountain in Slovenia - now there is a link, so now Nevis is so obvious. How about Munro, Blencathra and Helvellyn as suggestions? Incidentally, theTriglav wheels were one of the finest examples of rim design and I know the Hood swooned when he saw a picture for the first time.

Reactions: Robjon

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Oh Gawd Jimmy, mention Triglave and you'll have Derek chucking up into his coffee at the very mention of the word.
The main reason for me selling the Kodiaq was 'cos I couldn't cope with the constant p*ss taking about it's wheels! (not really true, but good for a larf!)

Reactions: The Hood

·
Premium Member
7,039 Posts
No, that’s a “Trick Lav”.....? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,039 Posts
Is that a Quadlav?

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
This is going a bit down the pan!
Where's Ruari when you need him?

·
Registered
387 Posts
The suspension on Yetis is harsh whatever wheels and tyres,mine is 16”,215,and feel every road imperfection.Its not the best ride by any means!

·
Registered
Yeti 2017 2.0TDi 4x4 L&K DSG
498 Posts
The suspension on Yetis is harsh whatever wheels and tyres,mine is 16”,215,and feel every road imperfection.Its not the best ride by any means!
There's also a difference in ride quality between the 1.2TSi and 2.0TDi 4x4. They have different spring and damper rates and the 4x4 is significantly heavier, nearly a quarter of a ton.
The 2.0TDi 4x4 smooths out road imperfections better. I've owed both and both on 17's. the lighter 1.2TSi feels more pointy down a B road though.

·
Administrator
15,990 Posts
Plus one to the above, and having been lent a 1.2 several times, the only similarity between a 1.2 and the diesel engine Yeti is the body shape. Power and handling is in a different league.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 · (Edited)
Just a long overdue update

So I ended up buying a set of badly curbed 16" alloys from a chap with a 2014 skoda superb for €100, refurbished them myself as its a side hobby of mine, ordered Hankook Kinergy all seasons online (215/60 R16) and had them fitted at a local garage, total cost was €450. It's a much more smoother and comfortable drive now.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Been a fan of Hankook tyres for many years and they will be gong on my Yeti in due course. Currently it's got Goodyear efficient grip on the rear and Champiro VP1's on the front but I'm going to switch those around to see if the Goodyears are quieter.

That said I've never liked having different tyres on front and rear but unfortunately all four are fairly new so stand to last a fair while so there's a good chance that I'll be replacing them rather than letting them run their life, hopefully I should be able to get something for the old ones.

As an aside I also have an MGB GT and in 30+ years of ownership and over 300,000 miles driven. At at one time or another I've had just about every branded tyre on the market on it so well experienced to make a judgement and for that I also choose Hankook.

Being RWD and with a near 50:50 front/rear weight distribution all four wear at the same rate so no tedious swapping.

·
Registered
Skoda Yeti 1.2 TSI SE L Drive Automatic Grey Petrol 2017
19 Posts
Welcome to the forum Robbie.
49psi is FAR too high.
I bought Jimmy's 16" 215 60 Alutec alloys, ex his Yeti for my Karoq Sportline which was running 19" 225 40!! Dreadful ride and constant curbing. The ride now is far better and no curbing.
If you are still unhappy now you have yours at the correct pressure, I can recommend going 16" 60 aspect. (but if you do.... Don't forget to tell your insurance company}.
Good luck.
sorry for my ignorance, what is Curbing?

·
Premium Member
7,039 Posts
sorry for my ignorance, what is Curbing?
What Urrell said.
Should be written "kerbing". I suspect Colin was a victim of auto-correct when his post got changed to the US spelling?
Not "restraining or keeping in check".

Reactions: Urrell
41 - 59 of 59 Posts