Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Been following this forum for a few months while waiting for my Yeti to arrive. I finally picked it up today.

2.0TDI (140) 4x4 in black with heated front screen, spare wheel, tyre pressure monitor, front parking sensors and floor mats.

Had a 2.0 TDI Octavia estate for the last 3 years and an Octavia 4x4 before that. Bought the 2WD Octavia just in time for two of the worst winters in recent years so now returning to 4WD. Anyone who lives in this part of Yorkshire soon realises that there are things called hills which can defeat 2WD vehicles in snow. At least now I stand a chance of getting home from work in bad weather.

So if you see a Black Yeti with a personalised K regplate in the Bradford area it'll probably be me.

That's all for now.

Keith

·
Administrator
14,190 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum, your Yeti has probably arrivedjust in time for the bad weather, the heated front screen was a good move. Did you have a very long wait? I expect from your previous encounters you will be getting some winter tyres.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was ordered on 30th June for delivery in October/November. I had no indication as to when it was scheduled to be built until about a couple of weeks before the build date of week 41 (8th October). I was told that if I'd wanted the DSG gearbox I'd have to wait a further 6 weeks.

I've had heated front screens on a couple of Fords and they are one of the best features I've ever had on a car. It looks as if the Skoda version works differently to the Ford version which is a series of fine wires running vertically down the screen whereas the Yeti version looks to be a resistive film embedded in the screen.

Not sure about the winter tyres, I'll see how the winter progresses. I do have plan B for getting to work as a neighbour, who has a 4x4, works at the same place and I've had a lift from him a few times but I suspect i't'll be pay back time as I'll have to give him a lift.

I forgot to say the Yeti is the Elegance trim as were the previous Octavias.

Only thing I will miss is the lack of an MDI on the UK spec Yeti. May get one retrofitted once my bank account has recovered.

Keith

·
Registered
32 Posts
Over here, in Croaria, if they deliver car in November, mostly you get it with winter tyres on. I've received mine in early spring time with summer tyres. Changed them yesterday to michelin alpine a4. This wasn't "a cheep sport" (tyres in Croatia are more expensive than in EU). New car is an expensive toy, but get winter tyres. Or your account won't recover so soon if you have to pay for all the damage. Wish you luck and a lot of fun with yeti.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts