Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a few vehicles but, the Yeti is number one at the moment !

I would like to know if anyone here has dogs ?

I have a Viszla and a Weimeraner - how much room is there in the back ?

Also - is the L&K version worht the extra money - ie what does it have, in peoples oppinions, that's worth the extra ££'s

I'm looking at the 170 4x4 Elegance

What extras would people recommend ?

Chris

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hiya L200man.Yes,we have three dog's,make that two and a half.Two shepherds and a scraggy little terrier.There is plenty of height in the back but we do have to slide the rear seats forward to give em more floor space.This is with the spare wheel kit in place.With the seat's folded down load's of space,they can play ball in there.
As for the extra money for more gizmo's I guess that's down to what you want.I have an ambition fresh(Spanish) but I think that equates to an SE,more bit's than I require.I use a tom-tom when travelling so even the sat-nav wasn't needed.I owe it to forum member's that I am now aware of several thing's I did'nt even know I had so for me it would be save your money to pay for the extra gas you'll need cos you'll wanna keep driving him.

Several people rate the heated screen and in uk would think that's a way to go,in fact anything that warm's up.Apart from that the model you quote(170 4x4 elegance)is pretty well equipped.Would you need more.Nah,save the money for gas.I do hope you decide on Yeti and I wish you all the enjoyment that will come with him.
Edited by: Suzuki

·
Administrator
13,632 Posts
Hi
As Suzuki said the heated front windscreen is worth having, I did not get one and it is the only regret that I have as the engine takes a long time to warm up (over eight miles this morning). You also need to be aware that if you want a spare wheel that it is an extra. If you want one it is much cheaper when ordered with the car, around £85-90 as opposed to approx £240 as an after purchase. The spare tyre is a 195/60/16, and raises the floor level to just below the boot lip.

·
Registered
266 Posts
As an Elegance owner I can say it's well equipped. The L&K basically adds the heated windscreen, panoramic sunroof, Satnav with DAB and park assist. If you don't need these then go for the Elegance but I'd recommend addingthe heated windscreen. I have it on mine and it's one of the best options ever on a car. Also as is common these days a spare wheel is not included. Its an £85 option but can cost significantly more if bought as an after market item. Having a spare wheel does raise the boot floor but gets rid of the lip making it easier to load and unload the boot.

As Suzuki says go for it. You won't regret it.

Keith

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi there. I Don't think you will regret choosing a Yeti. Had my 2.0 TDi 140 4x4 Elegance for 3 years this June and it is fantastic. Handles really well for a 'taller' vehicle and the only thing I personally regret is not buying the 170 version.The Elegance isfull of standard kit; I added the Dog Guard (which is why I have reponded to your message) and rear bumper protector for when the hounds are jumping in! Wish I had added the spare wheel kit when ordering as I bought it later at a much higher cost and had to fit it all myself (it comes with tools and a raised floor piece, but you have to remove original floor first).
As for space in the back, its not the biggest but is big enough. We have a Border Collie Crossbreed and a Lab mix Crossbreed, so they are both reasonably big and fit in ok. The Dog Guard is worth having, and according to the information given, you can fit the parcel shelf/cover with the guard in position though I think it would be easier to plait sawdust than try this! Don't think the Dogs would appreciate me leaving it in place anyway!! Hope this helps.
Buy it with confidence and become part of the tribe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts