Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realise my rev counter is no longer backlit. The white needles look cool, and my backside and ears are a reliable guide as to revs, but it is going to annoy me.

·
Administrator
14,604 Posts
Oh dear!

This has happened to others, there are firms that repair the instrument panel here is a link to one so possibly not as bad as it could be if you had to go to a dealer. They also give a better warranty

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Paul, it can be painful when your pride and joy becomes I'll, especially if you've named him/ her. My old golf was Adolf so when it started costing me money it wasn't so hard to trade it in.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not too worried as it is the least used item in the car. Only ever really needed a rev counter on a Saab 9-5 HOT that was wearing a fair proportion of the Abbott Racing catalogue. The needles still lights up, as do all the warning lights so not missing much.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
The car does this when it thinks the external lights should be on? Could be the light sensor has failed, or is covered up?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
If under the carport is dark enough and the lights are off it can do.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is only the rev counter, and the naughty bit is still lit

Attachments

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The sensor is in the rev counter, put a cloth in it and see if the speedo darkens (the needle stays lit).
Thank you Derek, you have told me that before!
My "old grey cells" are still working (in part)! :grin:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Having had an unconcerned view of not having backlighting on the first 4000 rpm on my dashboard, I think I may have to do something about it. All warning lights are still working but the backlighting is now tending towards a creeping darkness. I am now loosing the first part of the speedometer and the red part of the fuel guage.
Urrell has given details of a company that will rectify this, but they are too far away for a visit, and I'm not keen on being without the car for the time their postal service would take.
Not discounting them out of hand but looking for a local service first. If I find one I will post details.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts